August 21Aug 21 @sr4armbian don't ask for images, you can take the dts files from other users and compile an updated image. https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/
August 21Aug 21 @Hqnicolas Thanks for replying. It looks like I have bricked the device. I know you have mentioned, RKChip boards will not be bricked if we know the Mask Pin points. I am sharing the board's PCB. If you have any idea about the pin details could you please share? I was looking for Android firmware image since I am unable to boot this Android box any more. I was having similar RK3566(x88 Rupa) box which I could install Armbian successfully, however this board details are not available much, having difficulty running the armbian.
August 22Aug 22 10 hours ago, sr4armbian said: It looks like I have bricked the device. the guys from this board they create a forum just for this device https://t95plus.com/forums I think the forum was running into a TV box so it's not longer available, all information is gone There is another forum with a chinese Gui with the same problem as you https://www.znds.com/tv-1256610-1-1.html after detecting maskroom, you will need an UART device to debug https://forum.armbian.com/topic/33487-unable-to-connect-to-my-nanopi-neo3-via-ethernet/#comment-222221 Quote if you care about it, search for CLK and GND pins, before shorting things during the USB detection, if you don't care about, just short random pins in this region to gnd and connect into the USB that you use to flash. Quote
August 22Aug 22 Thanks for sharing the links and images. It is unfortunate that the single source of information which was available for this model is not working any more. One good news is, I tried this box with another USB port on my PC. The box is getting detected in "FactoryTool" following the sequence along with data cable. Since the actual android TV image is not available to download, I have tried to load "X96_X6_20231211-1414.img", however it is getting stuck in the boot logo. I was just trying to confirm the box is booting. Still I am unable to boot into Armbian or Android. Edited August 22Aug 22 by sr4armbian The screenshot was too big.
August 24Aug 24 @sr4armbian Try and see if the firmware from here works (gdrive link): https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-11-stock-firmware-for-t95-plus-tv-box-2.html Edit: Also found another download link : https://boxput.notion.site/T95-Series-Fireware-0e06257cb57340dc8e75e52f8a8747cd from here Edited August 24Aug 24 by mmie4jbcu
August 24Aug 24 @mmie4jbcu Thanks for sharing the links. The chinagadgetsreviews firmware link taking us to t95plus.com which is not responding any more. In the boxput.notation site, The first firmware link looked promising, so I downloaded it. The site didn't allow a direct file download, clicking opened raw firmware code in a new window, which I saved as an .img file. I successfully flashed the image using Factory Tool v1.72.9. The box now boots with the T95Plus logo, erases old data, and loads default apps. You are a lifesaver, you saved my cash and kept this box out of the landfill. Thanks a ton 🙏 Edited August 24Aug 24 by sr4armbian
August 24Aug 24 @sr4armbian I'm glad that it worked for you. Rockchip boards are pretty resilient to bricking. I would strongly recommend that you move away from android on these tv boxes because the stock firmwares on such boxes have malwares in them. You can try armbian on this board on a sd card - as you mentioned earlier, you already have experience with running armbian on the other box of yours.
August 25Aug 25 @mmie4jbcu Definitely, I want to get rid of the Android loaded with malwares. I would like to load the compatible Armbian minimal version on this board and use this as a local server. After booting the box with above firmware and before connecting network cable, I have given IP address reserved for its MAC address, enforced network policies on my firewall to stop all out going traffic from this board, just to avoid the malwares reaching back to their creators. I have downloaded the dtb file, converted that into dts file to check the version of this board. This board should be compatible with demo board. Both rk3566-box-demo(Armbian_community_26.11.0-trunk.19_Rk3566-box-demo_trixie_current_6.18.45_minimal.img.xz) and Station M2 version(Armbian_community_26.8.0-trunk.7_Station-m2_trixie_current_6.18.40_minimal.img.xz) of the Armbian images are not working. I have used t95plus.dtb that is found in the 1st post of this topic as well as the dtb I have extracted. Is there anything else required to get the Armbian image working? compatible = "rockchip,rk3566-box-demo-v10\0rockchip,rk3566"; interrupt-parent = <0x01>; #address-cells = <0x02>; #size-cells = <0x02>; model = "Rockchip RK3566 BOX DEMO V10 ANDROID Board";
August 25Aug 25 @Hqnicolas Will the instructions given here work for this board as well or any other similar Armbian config available for this board? @mmie4jbcu I could see you have built and shared a v10 image in the post I have mentioned above. I am not sure that will work in my case. So I am clueless now, which Armbian image + dtb will make this box boot into Armbian. 🤔 Edited August 25Aug 25 by sr4armbian
August 27Aug 27 On 8/25/2026 at 11:38 AM, sr4armbian said: Will the instructions given here work for this board as well or any other similar Armbian config available for this board? you just need the correct dts to build this image The biggest mistake the owners made was creating a separate forum for such an obscure board. On 8/24/2026 at 3:52 AM, mmie4jbcu said: Try and see if the firmware from here works (gdrive link): https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-11-stock-firmware-for-t95-plus-tv-box-2.html Edit: Also found another download link : https://boxput.notion.site/T95-Series-Fireware-0e06257cb57340dc8e75e52f8a8747cd from here This images have malware inside don't connect into your home network. On 8/24/2026 at 11:55 AM, mmie4jbcu said: these tv boxes because the stock firmwares on such boxes have malwares in them.
August 27Aug 27 @Hqnicolas Thanks for sharing the firmware links. @mmie4jbcu has shared similar links and I got the stock Android firmware installed that is available from the boxput link. The box is back to life, I managed to extract the DTB from the box, derived the DTS from the DTB. Managed to setup the local build repo as well using the commands given below in my Ubuntu system. I have to googlefu to find the exact command options that can be used with ./compile.sh + "custom dts" to build the Armbian minimal. If you have any idiot-proof guide that explains the step by step instructions kindly share, meanwhile I will continue with my search and write those instructions. git clone https://github.com/armbian/build Edited August 27Aug 27 by sr4armbian
August 27Aug 27 8 hours ago, sr4armbian said: derived the DTS from the DTB. @sr4armbian, this DTS is from android, so you should use it as a base to create the linux DTS. create a codex account, claude, antigravity, and setup an environment to convert it, grab this repo, https://github.com/hqnicolas/ArmBoardBringUp drop your android DTS file inside of it and ask your agent to create the linux version based on the repo. if you don't like big tech sh!t just use https://opencode.ai this repo is an overlay for armbian compiler to enable box devices to compile
August 28Aug 28 @Hqnicolas Thanks for your continued replies and inputs. As suggested, I have taken help from antigravity and converted the android DTS into Linux DTS. I am not sure the tool got the DTS converted correctly. I am attaching the Linux DTS here. Can you have a check whether the converted dts is as per the requirements for Linux and will work with Armbian? I tried to convert this DTS as .dtb file and used with rk3566-box-demo Armbian minimal version in SD card, still its not booting. In the bottom of the Android Recovery menu I am seeing the following. rk3566-t95plus.txt
August 28Aug 28 4 hours ago, sr4armbian said: I tried to convert this DTS as .dtb file and used with rk3566-box-demo Armbian minimal version in SD card, still its not booting. Do not use pre-compiled images with dtb. There are no shortcuts, you will need to compile Armbian. since you created a DTS you will need to use it as such: simply add the repository as an overlay within your Armbian build and compile h96 box with this new dts file applyed. https://docs.armbian.com/build-framework/getting-started/ https://github.com/armbian/build https://forum.armbian.com/topic/18255-rk3566-and-armbian/page/2/#comment-238959 https://forum.armbian.com/topic/28895-efforts-to-develop-firmware-for-h96-max-v56-rk3566-8g64g/page/20/#comment-237177 Don't forget U-Boot dts. if you don't have SD-card there are methods to flash: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/28895-efforts-to-develop-firmware-for-h96-max-v56-rk3566-8g64g/page/7/#comment-186851 https://forum.armbian.com/topic/28895-efforts-to-develop-firmware-for-h96-max-v56-rk3566-8g64g/page/18/#comment-225206 4 hours ago, sr4armbian said: I am attaching the Linux DTS here Sorry, this file looks corrupted. 4 hours ago, sr4armbian said: file -bi rk3566-t95plus.txt application/octet-stream; charset=binary file rk3566-t95plus.txt rk3566-t95plus.txt: data head -c 256 rk3566-t95plus.txt | xxd 00000000: 2f64 7473 2d76 312f 3b0d 0a0d 0a2f 6d65 /dts-v1/;..../me 00000010: 6d72 6573 6572 7665 2f09 3078 3030 3030 mreserve/.0x0000 00000020: 3030 3030 3061 3130 3030 3030 2030 7830 00000a100000 0x0 00000030: 3030 3030 3030 3030 3030 3162 3030 303b 00000000001b000; 00000040: 0d0a 2f6d 656d 7265 7365 7276 652f 0930 ../memreserve/.0 00000050: 7830 3030 3030 3030 3030 6132 3030 3030 x000000000a20000 00000060: 3020 3078 3030 3030 3030 3030 3030 3063 0 0x00000000000c 00000070: 3863 6434 3b0d 0a2f 207b 0d0a 0963 6f6d 8cd4;../ {...com 00000080: 7061 7469 626c 6520 3d20 2274 3935 2c74 patible = "t95,t 00000090: 3935 706c 7573 2d33 3536 3600 726f 636b 95plus-3566.rock 000000a0: 6368 6970 2c72 6b33 3536 3622 3b0d 0a09 chip,rk3566";... 000000b0: 696e 7465 7272 7570 742d 7061 7265 6e74 interrupt-parent 000000c0: 203d 203c 3078 3031 3e3b 0d0a 0923 6164 = <0x01>;...#ad 000000d0: 6472 6573 732d 6365 6c6c 7320 3d20 3c30 dress-cells = <0 000000e0: 7830 323e 3b0d 0a09 2373 697a 652d 6365 x02>;...#size-ce 000000f0: 6c6c 7320 3d20 3c30 7830 323e 3b0d 0a09 lls = <0x02>;...
September 10Sep 10 @Hqnicolas I have used Antigravity again and tried to convert the Android DTS into Linux DTS. As of now I am out token to create image using this, since you have mentioned about u-boot to correct as well which I am not sure to generate from. I will be resuming after this Saturday and try to create the minimal image. I am attaching the updated DTS here for reference. I am not sure whether these came up correctly and complete. 🤔 rk3566-t95plus.dts
September 12Sep 12 @Hqnicolas. Using the Antigravity I have converted the Android dtb into Armbian compatible dts. Used your repo(https://github.com/hqnicolas/ArmBoardBringUp) as reference and created the Armbian minimal image. With reference to your post used the wipe_part and cleared the boot and recovery partitions on the TV box. Prepared the SD card using Balena Etcher and booted. One good news is the system is booting into CLI. However it is stuck on rcu/scheduled cpu tasks. I have waited for a while and the system refresh the commands and showing the same message. I am sharing the screenshots for reference. I have connected Ethernet cable on the board, which lights up at my network switch end but its not taking any IP address so unable to connect via putty as well. Any thoughts how to get pass this stage and boot into Armbian CLI?
September 12Sep 12 I am attaching the latest .dts file that is used in the Armbian while building the image. rk3566-t95plus.dts
September 12Sep 12 you need to disable this USB1 port1 looks like your USB map is different from h96 max board
September 13Sep 13 Thanks for your inputs and keeping me motivated. Finally I got the box booting with updated image. I did a comparison of the dtbs rk3566-box-demo.dtb, rk3566-h96-tvbox.dtbs using AI. Found rk3566-box-demo.dtb is closer match. Analyzed the error screenshots using the AI and got it fixed. The system booted successfully now. There are 2 issues to be sorted out though. 1. Ethernet is showing as 1Gbps, got physical connectivity since the lights are blinking at the switch end but not getting any IP address. May be driver related issues. 2. USB 3.0 near the Reset button is detected and working however the USB 2.0 Port near the SPDIF is not working. Need to be fixed. Edited September 13Sep 13 by sr4armbian
September 13Sep 13 I have checked the MAC address detected by the system and it is correct and appearing as it was shown under Android. I have physically verified on the board. The chip is RTL8211F. Now fighting with manual edits since my token is exhausted and will be after 7 days 🤨. If you have any known issues for this chip that would help, please share.
September 19Sep 19 @Hqnicolas Thanks for your inputs and guidance. Ethernet port issue got sorted out and it is working fine with 1Gbps connectivity. Also there was some issue with USB 2.0 port that got sorted now as well. I am enclosing the .dts and .dtb files for anyone having similar board. Note: I haven't tested the desktop version, Analog Audio port, SPIDF, WiFi Connection etc. As of now the display is working fine, Ethernet is 1 Gbps, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 is working fine. I will try to get the Front Side VFD working but as other experts have already mentioned it may or may not work. t95plus-rk3566-working.dtb t95plus-rk3566-working.dts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.