Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Correct method to install Retroarch and all cores

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I have a nanopi m4 with following installation - Armbian_22.05.4_Nanopim4v2_jammy_current_5.15.48_xfce_desktop.

 

I am looking for someone who has retroarch installed on armbian and fully working, and what the key steps are.

 

Im asking because:

 

1) I tried installing by command line, which installs retroarch to a location with no cores. An issue with rk3399 cores is that there are none to download and must be built seperately (Is there a way to update a file so that cores can be downloaded through the application?)

 

2) In an attempt to build retroarch + cores, i downloaded and built libretro, which took probably 12+ hours. This resulted in a seperate installation, with cores not in the correct directory, and many cores uninstallable eg mame2010, ppsspp.

 

I hope someone can assist - I want to find a use for my nanopi m4 but having difficulty with retro games - Rcade is buggy, lakka does not work well, batocera does not work well, TwisterOS does not boot after selecting correct .dtb etc.

I have built linux and android on many boards but this one is troublesome.

 

Thanks for reading

Edited by DevelopmentBoredFan
Add TwisterOS

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.