Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

starting armbian on T95H

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I have bought a tvbox on amazon: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GQPWxxV745LmGS5C7

 

I wanted to install the https://www.inovato.com/ firmware to it, the problem is: the firmware / hw does not match to the the inovato FW/HW.

 

On the paper there is a small description how to install a new FW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MWD9Hi4c6EtG4iqV8

 

I have already tried to install the FW from https://www.inovato.com/article/install, https://www.inovato.net/quadra-awh6-current.img.gz and https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk3318/multitool.img.xz on the box, but these FWs are just ignored.... It seems my box has a CPU H616, and the inovato is for H6.
 

I have tried to start the box with the armbian H616 (Orange PiZero2) FW, it produces a black screen (it is at least not ignored)...

 

My problem is currently: I don't know how to start to find/make a FW for my tvbox.

 

Should I take the case apart and access the PCB and find some serial port on which I could watch the boot process (via serial-to-usb)?

 

Could someone point me the right points / documents / links which could then lead to a working FW for my tvbox?

 

Thanks,

Regards,

Sandor

 

 

 

A few comments:

1) Moved post to the TV Boxes forums

2) Since you mention inovato a couple of times in your post and post links to their site, it is important to point out the following (taken directly from the inovato site):  "IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have any questions or problems with this process, by all means use the Armbian Forums to search for information, but please DO NOT ask questions if you can't find your answer.  They don't support the Quadra firmware: We do. So please use the Support category on this forum."

I want others who might read this to be fully aware that Armbian does not support inovato based questions.

3) Armbian does not support TV Boxes, please read:  https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

4) I'm not aware of anyone who has successfully run armbian on any h616 based box.  The h616 is a newish cpu (vs the older H6 which does have better support) and mainline linux support isn't all there yet

5) Unless you are a low level kernel / driver C developer, you probably have the wrong box to be experimenting with.  Rockchip based TV boxes have pretty good community support.

The setial port is accessible between the SD and USB connector. Not easy to solder-in but manageable. OPI zero is a good starting point but you surely will need to modify the device tree and probably u-boot too.

  • SteeMan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.