Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rock-3c

Featured Replies

Hi, I have got Rock-3C board recently. It is not Rockpi4 C.

Main difference compared to Rock-3A is missing pci-e connector form back of the board, soldered wifi module and only 5V input power.

There is no system available for this board.

 

Any ideas how to get this board working?

  • Author
2 hours ago, Igor said:

Doesn't boot with 3A images?

If you mean Armbian Rock-3A images unfortunately these does not boot up. I tried few, downloaded from this site or compiled ones. Only green led was on and nothing on hdmi or serial terminal (except few broken letters).

 

Hopefully Radxa latest images are working fine but you must avoid upgrading kernel and firmware. I tested these 2: rock-3c_debian_bullseye_cli.img.xz and rock-3c_debian_bullseye_kde.img.xz

I got email explaining why firmware breaks, etc...

 

  • Author

Hi, I am glad we have a working image for Rock 3C. I compiled mine and it also works. I have tested HDMI output, network, wifi, and USB. Also, lxd has no issue with the latest kernel.

Because it is an unofficial image I found a missing feature to get wifi working as a hotspot. There were a lot of disappeared lines in /etc/hostpad.conf and also there was a message from the console reporting the hostapd is masked in other words is not running during testing maximum wifi speed.

I haven't tried 6.1.y images but eg 6.6.32 worked fine (built this myself using standard 3C configurations in the build tool). The latest weekly build gets stuck in some kind of loop during the boot process.

I have not been able to recreate the initial problem. Perhaps there was a problem with my sd card or the power source earlier. I did not change either one, but I can now boot with 6.6.35 without any further problems. I would recommend to Gavin to try a different SD card or power source. 

I would stay clear of the gnome desktop images though, my experience is that the 3c will freeze up after idling for 10-20 mins if you run with gnome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.