Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to recompile kernel for RBD support

Featured Replies

Hello, 

 

I'm planning on running a k3s cluster with Rook storage with a few of the Orange Pi 5 that I got. A prerequisite for rook however is RBD module.

 

I've been able to recompile the kernel including RBD support, however I've been unable to get the device to boot from the new kernel. Rebooting after kernel has been built and installed still reports Linux 5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588.

 

Any help would be appreciated. I've since wiped the boxes clean and have a fresh install booting from SSD with the OS installed on the NVMe attached so I will be able to provide any information required.

 

Thanks! 

@nickdude22 I am also on the exactly same boat. I'm setting up a k8s cluster with ceph and hitting the wall with the u-boot thing.  Did you manage to boot the kernel you compiled?

  • Author

@javierinI was able to get this running eventually following the instructions in @Igor's post. I wasn't able to use a new kernel version though I ended up being able to add the rbd module to the kernel version the installer was using.

 

I'm still unclear how to appropriately get the built kernel image into the boot loader.

@nickdude22Enabling the modules in the provided kernel should be good enough for me too. I wish this uboot step was more clearly detailed in OPI's documentation or howtos. I have only found references to compiling Android 12 in their provided user manual and their forum is just a truckload of spam. Wrote an email to them, never got a response.

In the end I followed Igor's advice and just boot a complete Armbian image using an Ubuntu 22.04 compilation VM. The only thing you have to do is ensure you check the "custom kernel configuration" during the compile.sh run and mark the appropriate modules to be build.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.