Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QNAP TS-212, Debian stuck in Initramfs

Featured Replies

Hi All, 

 

I'm a bit of a Debian newbie, I haven't had much experience troubleshooting linux installations, so please bear with me. I was able to follow Martin Michlmayr's instructions for installing Debian 10 on my TS-212. The TS-212 uses a Marvell ARM CPU, 256MB of ram, 16MB of SPI NOR flash. I also followed the instructions to resize the MTD blocks to make room for the Debian 11 kernel, although i never updated the kernel. 

 

Everything was working fine until I booted one day and I got flashing red lights on the front of the NAS. I hooked up to the debug serial port, and I find that the hard drive has all kinds of non-recoverable errors, and Debian won't boot. It kicks me out into Initramfs. 

 

I think I can mount a hard drive in initramfs. I have another linux system that I can use to prepare a hard drive formatted as ext4, having whatever files I need on it. How can I install debian fresh again now, from initramfs? Is it possible for me to upgrade to Debian 11 at the same time? Are there any guides that might assist me with this? 

 

Thanks, Ivan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.