Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Possible bootloader bug for NVME boot?

Featured Replies

Thank you for sharing the story. I think I also need to dive into the boot loader world during the winter holiday. Your post provided a lot of insights for newbies like me. I was lost because I hadn't known where to start to debug it. I appreciate that you didn't give up despite of the all challenges you encountered.  I will also share my info in case I have found something meaningful.

 

With crossed fingers,

 

Hyeokjin

Hello,

 

I have similar problem with  5.10.160 armbian   on orange pi 5 plus.  Could You tell me how to download joshua bootloader?

i just downloaded ubuntu-rockchip-1.33 package put cant see u-boot binary there.  ( only any small rk3588 elf binary). 

Secondly , joshua ubuntu uses its own install method (sudo u-boot-install-mtd /dev/mtdblock0) so did You just typed 

sth like 

sudo dd if=/lib/u-boot-orangepi-rk3588/rkspi_loader.img of=/dev/mtdblock0 conv=notrunc sync

 

regards.

ok I've manged to extract these uboot dir /lib/u-boot-orangepi-rk3588/  from  preinstalled img file. 

there are three files: 

idbloader.img  rkspi_loader.img  u-boot.itb

I wonder if 

sudo dd if=/lib/u-boot-orangepi-rk3588/rkspi_loader.img of=/dev/mtdblock0 conv=notrunc sync

will be sufficient on armbian. What about other files (idblocker and u-boot.itb) .DO I have to clean mtdblock0 before? 

Edited by nihilowy

ok I can confirm it works better .

just typed "sudo dd if=rkspi_loader.img of=/dev/mtdblock0 conv=notrunc sync " waited about five minutes and rebooted.

After 5 reboots it has always go on .. so probably it is better. Ah my os is armbian jammy 22 , I used file from ubuntu rockchip 23, nvme lexar

I wonder if works on all version , and how it differs. but it is rather low level buissnes.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.