Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OrangePi 5 kernel 5.10.160 compile.sh failure

Featured Replies

With the prior image and kernel 5.10.110 I was able to run compile.sh and produce the linux-source-legacy-rockchip-rk3588_23.02.0-trunk_all.deb which provided the kernel source in /usr/src/linux-source-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588.tar.xz. I downloaded the latest img which provides kernel 5.10.160 which booted fine. However, running the same compile.sh process I used previously with success produced the older deb package that contains the 5.10.110 kernel source. There were a couple of errors displayed.

 

My compile.sh command is: ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepi5 BRANCH=legacy BUILD_ONLY=kernel RELEASE=jammy KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no

 

The first error encountered was a prompt for username/password to access https://github.com/morrownr/8821cu-20210118/. I tried creating a github account but those credentials did not work. Pressing Enter bypassed the authentication failure and continued but the kernel failed to build with "[ error ] Kernel was not built". Assuming this error was in part due to not having access to https://github.com/morrownr/8821cu-20210118/.

 

My primary goal is to acquire the kernel 5.10.160 kernel source so that I can build external kernel modules. I did see the leaflet-8 notice. Is the issue I describe above covered by the leaflet-8 notice? or do I need to use different compile.sh options? Perhaps a different BRANCH= value? I tried using the compile.sh menu system but got the same result.

 

9 hours ago, markbox said:

I tried using the compile.sh menu system but got the same result.

 

Problem you have is not possible to reproduce by using latest source from main branch. Which is the only source that can be maintained. If you are using different sources that the main in main branch, you need to adjust them accordingly. Build framework needs clear instructions and code that builds.

 

IMO its less work supporting our common goal - get this working with latest version.

  • Author

Understood. I have used this command to clone the main branch:

 

git clone --branch=main https://github.com/armbian/build
 

I then ran ./compile.sh and built the entire image for orangepi5. The log file shows these options were used:

 

# Repeat build: ./compile.sh build BOARD=orangepi5 BRANCH=legacy BUILD_DESKTOP=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_ONLY=kernel DESKTOP_APPGROUPS_SELECTED='browsers desktop_tools editors internet multimedia programming' DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT=gnome DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT_CONFIG_NAME=config_base KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=jammy
# ARGs: 'PREFER_DOCKER=no' 'ARMBIAN_RELAUNCHED=yes' 'BRANCH=legacy' 'BOARD=orangepi5' 'SET_OWNER_TO_UID=1000' 'BUILD_ONLY=kernel' 'RELEASE=jammy' 'build'

 

After a few hours I ended up with 13 deb packages. :)

 

None of them are the linux-source-legacy-rockchip-rk3588*deb package I am seeking. I've read the Developer-Guide_Build-Options. What option is needed to build the linux-source deb package?

 

I do see the entire kernel source was downloaded and built in subdirectory cache/sources/linux-kernel-worktree/5.10__rk35xx__arm64/. I could try and manipulate that into what I need.

 

  • Author

Tried with ARTIFACT_IGNORE_CACHE=yes BUILD_KSRC=yes and compile.sh did not produce the linux-source*deb package. I'll try some more test builds in the morning. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.