Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VNC without a display

Featured Replies

On my Orange Pi 5, I have successfully installed the X11VNC server. I followed the guide at the following link X11VNC and everything works as expected. I can connect with Real VNC from another device and see the desktop of the Orange Pi as if I were in front of its display. However, when the Orange Pi 5 is powered on without a display connected to the HDMI port, the access with Real VNC doesn't work as before. I get a black screen and I am unable to interact with the Orange Pi. I had a similar issue with Raspberry Pi, where I could resolve it by setting a default screen resolution. How can I achieve this with Armbian? How can I configure an alternative resolution when the HDMI port is not connected?

  • Author

@royk thanks for the answer but this Virtual Desktop is out of the discussion, what I want is to reach the same point that I had experimented with Raspberrypi. With the raspi-config I could set a fixed resolution that was activated even if there was no display connected to the hdmi. Achieving this result would be the goal of this discussion, thanks anyway!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.