Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Error: dtc does not support compiling overlays

Featured Replies

Hey everyone, I'm a noob in SBCs in general but I recently bought an Orange Pi One along with a 3.5inch HDMI-compatible MPI3508 display to work with it. Right now, I still can't seem to make the tft display work with the board but after some hours, I came across a thread that led me to this DTC overlay that I can use for my display. (https://github.com/jonathan-gatard/ili9486-xpt2046) I tried to download the .dtc file and compiled it as instructed in the README file, but `armbian-add-overlay ...` gives me an error:

 

Error: dtc does not support compiling overlays

 

I tried updating my dtc to the latest version like other users recommended but it still didn't work.

I am running Armbian 22.11.0

using kernel 5.15.79-sunxi on the Orange Pi One

 

What do yall think I should do to compile the overlay?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.