Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Uart for Orange PI 4B

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I have an Armbian installed on Orange PI 4B.  I am trying to connect a flight controller to Orange PI 4B by using UART port.

 

This board has a 40 pin header.

 

I went to armbian-config, and enabled the UART1 and UART 4 which are available from armbian-config.  

 

I plug the UART port (to Pin 8  and pin 10) on the 40 pin header.  Is that port UART 4? I am not sure.   It does not work.  I tried the debug port, but the Orange PI does not start up if something is plugged in to the debug UART port.

 

The PIN layout

https://wiki.adopisoft.com/doku.php?id=4.0.0:gpio_numbering

 

The layout of the board is similiar to Orange PI One.  I know the 5 V location by using the case fan.

 

Thanks,

  • Author

I solved this issue.  The manual from Orange PI does not come with clear GPIO pin definition.  

 

I should have used PIN #19 and Pin # 21, and the pin #1 is the top right pin.

 

Thanks,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.