Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ORANGE PI PLUS 2 doesn't recognize keyboard or mouse

Featured Replies

Hello, I bought an orange pi plus 2 and connected it to the power supply, the android that is already installed recognized the mouse and keyboard without any problem. I tried to boot the ARMbian using the version I was given, the orange pi plus 2e version, because there is no direct support for the orange pi plus 2. The BOOt works without any problem, but when I create the user, the system doesn't recognize my keyboard or mouse and I get stuck on the creating user screen. I'm using a 5V/3A power supply and a bluetooth mouse. Can anyone tell me if this is a kernel bug or am I using the wrong version to BOOT? 

USB won't be enabled automatically by those "Plus 2E" images, at least because it looks like their bootloader's device tree (FTD) doesn't enable the USB1-VBUS switch that powers the Plus/Plus2 on-board hub, and also directly feeds the USB power line to one pair of USB ports. The later wouldn't provide any current, unlike the other pair which is always powered regardless of any software settings.


Then a simple way to know if this is related would be to find a USB device that can turn-on in some way (like lighting a led) even when only plugged in a USB charger, and test if it also turns on as well plugged into one of the USB port pair, but stays off with the other.

Edited by nicolho

@ssamuelm @Fab85100 @yo8aiv : since you all faced this issue, to find out more about it before resorting to more specific operations, please can you make the above test, then try to boot this image to see if USB is working with it ? :  https://fi.mirror.armbian.de/archive/orangepiplus/archive/Armbian_22.08.1_Orangepiplus_jammy_current_5.15.63.img.xz or other flavor of the same exact 22.08.1 version. It is an older release for the Plus/Plus2 models with the right bootloader (because it looks like later versions  either won't start or have USB not working as well..), reported to have USB working, so you could eventually overwrite its bootloader to a more recent image, or just upgrade it like @Choryu Park explained here : https://forum.armbian.com/topic/24431-why-recent-images-for-orange-pi-plus-plus-2-does-not-boot/?do=findComment&comment=159236

 

I personally don't have any of those boards at hand, but I studied their schematics and the different available images bootloaders/device trees for them. Now if you are ready to make more tests and report the results here (clearly specifying the exact image files used) it could also help to narrow down this USB bug in order to fix it in future releases.

Edited by nicolho

On 8/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, ssamuelm said:

or am I using the wrong version to BOOT? 

 

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus-2/

You have this board?

 

If you use some other randome image that sounds compatible, it is expected that something, like USB, won't be working. We would like keep enabled all those devices, but its simply not realistic. There are too many of them and every device represent endless loss of time without any compensation. It also keep prolonging already long build cycles. I have re-enabled generating images but can't tell when they will be on ... https://github.com/armbian/os/commit/49591e9ce3098366684efe27af57b0200799a1f3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.