Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CPU temperature over 100C on Armbain image. (Bananpi cm4)

Featured Replies

hello,

 

I found default armbian image will cause the CPU temperature very high. 

My cpu freq is setting 1Ghz and usage is around 20%, This should not cause the cpu to overheat. 

 

This is my armbianmonitor -m :

 

```

Time    CPU_cl0/CPU_cl1  load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   Tcpu  C.St.
18:55:22  1000/1000 MHz  0.88  17%   6%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.0 °C  8/8
18:55:27  1000/1000 MHz  0.89  17%   5%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.0 °C  8/8
18:55:32  1000/1000 MHz  0.90  17%   5%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.1 °C  8/8
18:55:37  1000/1000 MHz  0.83  17%   5%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.2 °C  8/8
18:55:42  1000/1000 MHz  0.76  17%   6%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.1 °C  8/8
18:55:47  1000/1000 MHz  0.86  17%   5%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.2 °C  8/8
18:55:52  1000/1000 MHz  0.87  17%   5%   9%   0%   0%   1%  103.0 °C  8/8

```

My cpu's governor is `powersave` and I also see  gpu usage, my gpu governor is setting `simple_ondemand`. 

 

I also use bananapi officical image (ubuntu mate) No overheating issues. How can I solve this problem? 

 

Thanks

  • Author

hello @c0rnelius


g12a-radxa-zero-gpio-10-led: 

It just for testing the gpio function , but not work. I will disable this. 


sm1-bananapi-rtl8822cs:

I use this because I want enable wifi function. Did you have any suggestion to enable wifi function ? 

Thanks!

 

Wifi and bluetooth should work out of the box. You also appear to be using the wrong img;

 

591    Thu Aug 31 03:17:42 PM UTC 2023 | Banana Pi M2S | 23.8.1 | arm64 | aarch64 | 6.1.50-current-meson64

14736    fdtfile=amlogic/meson-g12b-a311d-bananapi-m2s.dtb

 

Aren't you using a CM4?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.