Banana PI CM4-IO
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
18 topics in this forum
-
I’m trying to define a simple sound card where I just have a TDM output on TDMA. Now I have defined my device tree as: sound { compatible = "amlogic,axg-sound-card"; model = "BPI-CM4IO"; audio-aux-devs = <&tdmout_a>; audio-widgets = "Speaker", "Speaker1 Left", "Speaker", "Speaker1 Right"; audio-routing = "TDMOUT_A IN 0", "FRDDR_A OUT 0", "TDM_A Playback", "TDMOUT_A OUT", "Speaker1 Left", "SPK1 OUT_A", "Speaker1 Right", "SPK1 OUT_B"; clocks = <&clkc CLKID_HIFI_PLL>, <&clkc CLKID_MPLL0>, <&clkc CLKID_MPLL1>; assigned-clocks = <&clkc CLKID_HIFI_PLL>, <&clkc CLKID…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, is posible to add Canbus by a MCP2515 in a spi port ? thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm looking for an alternative way (like raspberry pysh...) to quick compile dtb, kernel modules and kernel Image to test some custom sound cards with a banana pi cm4 as base board. In principle, I'm following the simplest path for me that it would be, compile and install specific kernel image, dtb and modules and of course an initrd image for uBoot and kernel. But I'm a bit confused about all the files in the boot partition below: xxxx@bananapicm4io:/boot$ ls armbianEnv.txt Image boot.bmp initrd.img-6.12.0 boot.cmd initrd.img-6.12.13-current-meson64 boot.scr System…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
context ------------ Hardware: BPI CM4 on BPI CM4IO board OS: Armbian 24.11.1 Bookworm Minimal Build: https://dl.armbian.com/bananapicm4io/Bookworm_current_minimal problem ------------ How do i enable i2c2 so i can be able to use the following pins on the BPI CM4IO board for i2c pin 82 (GPIOX_17): (MUX UNCLAIMED) (GPIO UNCLAIMED) pin 83 (GPIOX_18): (MUX UNCLAIMED) periphs-banks:595 Previously on the ubuntu build all i had to do is add the following line to `/boot/env.txt` , `overlays="12c2"`, as stated in this doc https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_CM4#DTB_overlay 2. Update the overlays env in vfat /boot/env.txt to ena…
-
I have a Banana Pi CM4 + CM4 IO Board - literally the same one pictured in https://www.armbian.com/bananapicm4io/ I downloaded and installed Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) Server Image - "Armbian_24.8.1_Bananapicm4io_noble_current_6.6.47.img" For convenience, I installed the image to an SD card. Armbianmonitor link: https://paste.armbian.com/igahozatow Everything boots and I can use armbian-config to connect to my local WiFi network, but the speeds are really really slow: iperf3 gives me ~40mbps pretty consistently: -------------------- [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 51.1 MBytes …
-
I am trying to set up a Banana Pi CM4 on a Bigtree Tech Manta M8P, which is a 3D printer board which has a socket for the CM4. However, I don't have the option to use a wired connection to the router or plug in a keyboard to interact with the CM4 on initial startup, so I get stuck at the set root password stage. Is there a way around this? I have tried using WSL to mount the SD card after burning, but I can't seem to access it there to change the files on the card directly. Ideally, I would like to burn Armbian with Wifi credentials already set so I can ssh from the start. I appreciate any help. Keep in mind that my Linux fu is about good enough to get Klipper…
-
I have just installed an Armbian Jammy CLI on my BPI-CM4. I need to use the UART that is routed to pins 8 and 10 on the 40-pin connector (UART_EE_B in the BPI-CM4 schematics). I have enabled it in the device tree by changing this from disabled to okay: serial@23000 { compatible = "amlogic,meson-g12a-uart\0amlogic,meson-gx-uart"; reg = <0x00 0x23000 0x00 0x18>; interrupts = <0x00 0x4b 0x01>; clocks = <0x12 0x02 0x2a 0x12>; clock-names = "xtal\0pclk\0baud"; status = "okay"; phandle = <0x12b>; }; Once rebooted, and new UART appears (ttyAML6). However, it does not work. What am I missing? …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I noticed that since recently (TM) I got loads of spam from panfrost in my dmesg output: I understand that this has something todo with graphics. The only "graphic" thing I'm doing is running standard Klipper-Screen through HDMI and this seems to be working as always... It definately wasn't there like half a year ago. can I get rid of it? Is it something to worry about? my armbian is running on a Banana-Pi CM4 module of of the eMMC. It's a rather standard installation with Klipper installed via KIAUH. sincerely - cad435
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
unable to access gpio using wiringpi python. I have tried steps available on banana pi wiki. but it throws error "/dev/gpiomem" is not available and then "This board is not odroid". did anyone successfully implemented this?
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hi, I am using Armbian (latest) image on Banana Pi CM4 and I don't have access to gpio493. I am getting the following error: And looks like gpiochip4xx is not available: When I modprobe this gpio number, I am getting following error: modprobe: FATAL: Module gpiochip493 not found in directory /lib/modules/6.7.2-edge-meson64 Could you please help, how can I enable gpio 493? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Hello everyone, I am trying to get a Bigtreetech PiTFT70 DSI screen working on my Banana Pi CM4 mounted on a Bigtreetech Manta M8P 3D printer control board. It is supposedly a clone of the Raspberry Pi 7inch DSI display and uses the same display and touch chips. The DSI port on the M8P is wired to DSI 1 port on the Bpi CM4. I have tried hacking together a device tree overlay for it but I don't know enough of what needs turning on and what addresses they require (i2c etc) to get it working. Can anyone with Amlogic meson knowledge assist me? I am running the latest armbian bookworm 23.8 with all current updates installed.
-
I tried three way for hiding mouse, but not work: 1. Unclutter: ``` unclutter -idle 0 -root -display :0 `` It shows unclutter: could not open display 2. startx -nocursor -> not work 3. Using xbanish and boot from Systemd: ``` ~/.config/systemd/user/xbanish.service ``` [Unit] Description=xbanish After=default.target [Service] Type=simple ExecStart=/usr/bin/xbanish Restart=on-failure StartLimitBurst=10 RestartSec=30 [Install] WantedBy=default.target Is there any good way for hiding mouse on XFCE4 desktop (Armbian) ? Thanks
-
Is there, or will there be, an Amlogic or Banana Pi issued GPU blob to run Vulkan? On v6 kernel ideally Amlogic does have a history of allowing this, for Odroid and Khadas. Duncan
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a 480*480 HDMI display. Using Armbian image cannot work, but Bananapi Official image support this resolution. I also tried to adjsut /boot/boot.cmd (Using 480p60hz) and add disp_mode=480x480 into ArmbianEnv.txt. Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?
-
Hello, I tried ` echo 463 > /sys/class/gpio/export ` and it build gpio464 folder under /sys/class/gpio , and I cat `value` file to check gpio status. It seems not work. The same gpio was working on Bananapi official debian and Ubuntu mate image. How can I solve this problem? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello, I found default armbian image will cause the CPU temperature very high. My cpu freq is setting 1Ghz and usage is around 20%, This should not cause the cpu to overheat. This is my armbianmonitor -m : ``` Time CPU_cl0/CPU_cl1 load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq Tcpu C.St. 18:55:22 1000/1000 MHz 0.88 17% 6% 9% 0% 0% 1% 103.0 °C 8/8 18:55:27 1000/1000 MHz 0.89 17% 5% 9% 0% 0% 1% 103.0 °C 8/8 18:55:32 1000/1000 MHz 0.90 17% 5% 9% 0% 0% 1% 103.1 °C 8/8 18:55:37 1000/1000 MHz 0.83 17% 5% 9% 0% 0% 1% 103.2 °C 8/8 18:55:42 1000/1000 MHz 0.76 17% 6…
-
hello, My image is (Armbian BookwormXFCE desktop 20230831) and download to cm4 moudule. When I using the Bananapi CM4 base board ( https://wiki.banana-pi.org/File:BananaPi_BPI-CM4_base_board_1.jpg) the USB function is working. But I using the common RPI CM4 base board, such as waveshare's cm4 nano-b (https://www.waveshare.net/wiki/CM4-NANO-B) the USB function is not working. I compare the difference of two board's schematics. Bananapi's base board is connecting the fs1.1 usb hub ic. but waveshare's base board was connecting USB D+/D- to USB host directly . I also tried bananapi official image (both Debian and Ubuntu mate) and…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
BananaPi BPI-CM4 new design with Amlogic A311D Quad core ARM Cortex-A73 and dual core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU ,ARM G52 MP4(6EE) GPU,NPU for AI at 5.0 TOPS, support Camera and MIPI-CSI interface ,HDMI output,2 Gigabit port . 4G RAM and 16 GB eMMC flash. BPI-CM4 hardware interface: BPI-CM4 IO baord interface
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-