Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian image not booting

Featured Replies

Hi,

I'm trying to generate an Armbian image for a custom board. I generated configuration files for card and family, with the necessary information for u-boot and kernel. I need to have separate boot partition in FAT and I added BOOTFS_TYPE="fat".

Using the compile.sh in the Armbian "build" repo I get an image, but flashing it on the sdcard does not start uboot. In the boot partition I find not only the kernel and dtb, but also the u-boot scripts. How do you generate an image that contains everything correctly?

Thanks in advance

Riccardo

On 12/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, RiccardoCantoni said:

I need to have separate boot partition in FAT and I added BOOTFS_TYPE="fat".

Thats correct

 

On 12/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, RiccardoCantoni said:

In the boot partition I find not only the kernel and dtb, but also the u-boot scripts. How do you generate an image that contains everything correctly?

Didn't you yourself said that you need seperate boot partition? That means everything else is in root partition. What else were you expecting to be in boot partition? 

 

  • Author

Thanks  Gunjan
I probably made some errors in board configuration file and I am troubleshooting.

 

8 hours ago, Gunjan Gupta said:
On 12/14/2023 at 2:53 PM, RiccardoCantoni said:

I need to have separate boot partition in FAT and I added BOOTFS_TYPE="fat".

Thats correct

This make me have a fat16 partition, and with correct configuration I was able to get a bootable partition with ID 0e: is it possible to make a fat32 partition to obtain a "0c" partition? (I am referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_type), the only difference between the types is fat16/fat32 an for my system fat32 is better

 

thanks again

Riccardo

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.