January 7, 20242 yr Hello guys, After seeing a friend bought and tried a Raspberry Pi 5 device, I am very excited about what can be done with such a small single-board computer. So now I'm interested in getting a suitable single-board computer to buy. What SBC is suitable to buy if I want to use virtualization sofware such as VMware ESXi for ARM? Running multiple OS at once, is my mainly use. Getting used to Intel CPU & Windows and now I want to switch to ARM and Linux environment. Thanks in advanced. Edited January 7, 20242 yr by Mark Adam
February 1, 20242 yr You could try Orange Pi 5, it's the same range as the Rasp5 and it's a little bit more powerful (and has its Armbian distribution)
February 2, 20242 yr 16 hours ago, Mako said: You could try Orange Pi 5, VMware ESXi on non Raspberry Pi is not usable (yet) in production, to install it and forget about. Several features does not work (stable) and overall performance is questionable. Here one can observe more, dunno how up2date is that documentation ... Orangepi is good enough for running Armbian and similar OSes and here one can run KVM virtualization. That will work fine, perhaps not the best with this board as mainline kernel still has rough edges.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.