November 16, 20241 yr 6 minutes ago, Assilsa said: Supervised works perfectly with add-ons on this image? We don't know if it works perfectly. We cannot afford doing extensive testing. We rely on user feedback in that matter.
November 21, 20241 yr Author New version (v24.11) with even more targets has been released. Home assistant takes few minutes and might require reboot at first install or there will be some errors related to privileges. This gets away after waiting few minutes and reboot. Testing was done on Odroid M1. Latest: https://github.com/armbian/distribution/releases/tag/24.11.1 Previous: https://github.com/armbian/distribution/releases/tag/24.8.4
November 29, 20241 yr After I run Home Asssistant on Rock 5C, do install in ssd USB, sometime error "compile.sh[5185]: Unhealthy detected, restarting". And my Home Assistant not stable, sometime self-restart. How to fix?
November 29, 20241 yr Author 8 hours ago, Dang Ky said: How to fix? This is fix, just perhaps too noisy. If you don't want to see those messages, change this on your system: https://github.com/armbian/os/commit/36fc679bbb38cdff4223e14a0552c638f577d56b Without you will have your HA always unhealthy. Background: https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/4381 8 hours ago, Dang Ky said: Unhealthy detected, restarting This should happen only once after reboot. As we are running a vendor kernel on those devices, there could be issues beyond our control. Once LTS kernel will be available for this HW, we recommend to switch to it. I am running HA, with the exact same method, on Odroid N2 running mainline kernel. Everything works perfectly stable for months.
January 8, 20251 yr do you think it is possible to get it also run on the ODROID-M2 with 8GByte RAM (RK3588S2 SoC ) ? thanks
January 8, 20251 yr Author 7 hours ago, mxcxpx said: do you think it is possible to get it also run on the ODROID-M2 with 8GByte RAM (RK3588S2 SoC ) ? thanks Of course, once someone donates time to complete this https://github.com/armbian/build/issues/7656
March 4, 20251 yr Without Apparmor Home Assistant is not fully functional so you need to install the module properly. I followed the instructions on this thread but Apparmor still does not work, this is the output: root@localhost:~# aa-status apparmor module is loaded. apparmor filesystem is not mounted. Does anyone know a solution to get Apparmor working on Armbian?
March 5, 20251 yr Author 8 hours ago, TonyB said: Apparmor working on Armbian? which hardware platform / kernel ?
March 5, 20251 yr 5 minutes ago, Igor said: which hardware platform / kernel 25.2.2 for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running Armbian Linux 6.12.17-current-bcm2711
March 5, 20251 yr Author Run this as root: echo " systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 apparmor=1 security=apparmor" >> /boot/firmware/cmdline.txt reboot This works for me (after adding this): Spoiler igorp@rpizero2w:~$ sudo aa-status apparmor module is loaded. 106 profiles are loaded. 11 profiles are in enforce mode. /usr/bin/man lsb_release man_filter man_groff nvidia_modprobe nvidia_modprobe//kmod plasmashell plasmashell//QtWebEngineProcess rsyslogd unix-chkpwd unprivileged_userns 4 profiles are in complain mode. transmission-cli transmission-daemon transmission-gtk transmission-qt 0 profiles are in prompt mode. 0 profiles are in kill mode. 91 profiles are in unconfined mode. 1password Discord MongoDB Compass QtWebEngineProcess balena-etcher brave buildah busybox cam ch-checkns ch-run chrome crun devhelp element-desktop epiphany evolution firefox flatpak foliate geary github-desktop goldendict ipa_verify kchmviewer keybase lc-compliance libcamerify linux-sandbox loupe lxc-attach lxc-create lxc-destroy lxc-execute lxc-stop lxc-unshare lxc-usernsexec mmdebstrap msedge nautilus notepadqq obsidian opam opera pageedit podman polypane privacybrowser qcam qmapshack qutebrowser rootlesskit rpm rssguard runc sbuild sbuild-abort sbuild-adduser sbuild-apt sbuild-checkpackages sbuild-clean sbuild-createchroot sbuild-destroychroot sbuild-distupgrade sbuild-hold sbuild-shell sbuild-unhold sbuild-update sbuild-upgrade scide signal-desktop slack slirp4netns steam stress-ng surfshark systemd-coredump thunderbird toybox trinity tup tuxedo-control-center userbindmount uwsgi-core vdens virtiofsd vivaldi-bin vpnns vscode wike wpcom 1 processes have profiles defined. 1 processes are in enforce mode. /usr/sbin/rsyslogd (866) rsyslogd 0 processes are in complain mode. 0 processes are in prompt mode. 0 processes are in kill mode. 0 processes are unconfined but have a profile defined. 0 processes are in mixed mode. Fixes: https://github.com/armbian/os/pull/289 https://github.com/armbian/configng/pull/466
March 5, 20251 yr 1 hour ago, Igor said: This works for me (after adding this): (on Ubuntu, Debian still missing something ...) So on Debian doesn't work? Apparmor is required on Home Assistant, I tried also Armbian with preinstalled Home Assistant and saw that even in this version Apparmor does not work.
March 5, 20251 yr Author 9 minutes ago, TonyB said: So on Debian doesn't work? Apparmor is required on Home Assistant, I tried also Armbian with preinstalled Home Assistant and saw that even in this version Apparmor does not work. It works. I messed up something. Just add that to the cmdline.txt and it should work - works for me. I am fixing now installation methods and testing to make sure everything is alright. 9 minutes ago, TonyB said: even in this version Apparmor does not work. Yes, it doesn't work there too - same method is used. It will be fixed for both ASAP.
March 5, 20251 yr 10 hours ago, Igor said: It works. I messed up something. Just add that to the cmdline.txt and it should work - works for me. I am fixing now installation methods and testing to make sure everything is alright. I followed your instructions on a clean install but the result is not changed, aa-status output is the same and Home Assistant continues to ask for Apparmor.
March 5, 20251 yr Author 1 hour ago, TonyB said: aa-status output is the same and Home Assistant continues to ask for Apparmor. Make sure all parameters of /boot/firmware/cmdline.txt are one after another, in one line. This is correct way on a clean target: sed -i '/./ s/$/ systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 apparmor=1 security=apparmor/' /boot/firmware/cmdline.txt I haven't done with all the testings and will continue tomorrow. I have to check major targets, not just Rpi.
March 6, 20251 yr Author @TonyB Tested - it works now as expected when installing this image https://dl.armbian.com/rpi4b/Bookworm_current_minimal-homeassistant Also tested other platforms with success: Khadas VIM1S x86 Nanopi M6
March 6, 20251 yr 6 hours ago, Igor said: Tested - it works now as expected when installing this image https://dl.armbian.com/rpi4b/Bookworm_current_minimal-homeassistant I also solved it with the previous command, now I'm using Armbian with preinstalled Home Assistant and I'm fine. Great job, thanks.
March 6, 20251 yr Author In case you get "Unsupported system warning", replace PRETTY_NAME with PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)" inside /etc/os-release following by reboot.
March 6, 20251 yr 1 minute ago, Igor said: In case you get "Unsupported system warning", replace Usually I give "rm /etc/os-release" and "ln -s /usr/lib/os-release /etc/os-release".
March 6, 20251 yr Hello, Thanks for providing those HA images ! Is by any chance the Cubox-I supported (armhf arch) ? Thanks in advance, Marc
March 7, 20251 yr Author 7 hours ago, Marc M said: Hello, Thanks for providing those HA images ! Is by any chance the Cubox-I supported (armhf arch) ? I didn't try any 32b image - it can be a challenge in case it doesn't just work. You can try to install it on the top of Debian bookworm: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Armbian-Software/HomeAutomation/#home-assistant-open-source-home-automation I believe we have latest images for that.
March 14, 20251 yr Author Reported working on: - Pine64 2GB https://github.com/armbian/distribution/issues/5#issuecomment-2721078142
March 31, 20251 yr using latest 25.2.3 Orange Pi 3 lts. works fine and ha works great from sd card but when copy to emmc no ethernet. just shows up as unassigned for end0 interface
March 31, 20251 yr Author 9 hours ago, Chris S said: using latest 25.2.3 Orange Pi 3 lts. works fine and ha works great from sd card Thank you for letting us know! 9 hours ago, Chris S said: just shows up as unassigned for end0 interface Hardware troubles of this board are unrelated to HA deployment. If you install this to not supported device, its on you to deal with HW level bugs. You can try engaging here https://forum.armbian.com/forum/173-allwinner-sunxi/ or contact the one that sold you this device. tl;dr; I suggest you to run it from a quality SD card. I also do.
April 19, 20251 yr Quote @Igor In case you get "Unsupported system warning", replace PRETTY_NAME with PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)" inside /etc/os-release following by reboot. Thanks! It worked flawlessly after I manually upgraded my Helios64 from version 24.11.1 to 25.2.3.
May 28, 20251 yr Home Assistant supervised will be deprecated: https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2025/05/22/deprecating-core-and-supervised-installation-methods-and-32-bit-systems/
May 28, 20251 yr Author 3 hours ago, Pusillus said: Home Assistant supervised will be deprecated: Yes. And we will keep fork maintained as long as possible. https://community.home-assistant.io/t/feedback-requested-deprecating-core-supervised-i386-armhf-armv7/880968/313
May 29, 20251 yr 21 hours ago, Igor said: Yes. And we will keep fork maintained as long as possible. Thanks Igor for your work!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.