February 22, 20242 yr What ever I try I get Ign or Errors. Happens also on all Pi4's that had been working for years as well as for a new install I am attempting using Armbian_24.2.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.16_xfce_desktop.img.xz root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# apt --allow-unauthenticated upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages have been kept back: gir1.2-gdm-1.0 iptables libgdm1 libip4tc2 libip6tc2 libxtables12 The following packages will be upgraded: coreutils gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 linux-libc-dev 6 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded. Need to get 32.2 MB of archives. After this operation, 269 kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Ign:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-updates/main arm64 coreutils arm64 8.32-4.1ubuntu1.1 Ign:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Ign:3 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 Ign:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Ign:4 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 Ign:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Ign:5 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 Err:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Connection failed [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] Ign:6 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2
February 22, 20242 yr 45 minutes ago, Sid Boyce said: Connection failed [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] Double-check that you can reach that IP address through your internet connection.
February 22, 20242 yr Author root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# ping 130.185.239.78 80 PING 130.185.239.78 (130.185.239.78): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=0 ttl=49 time=107.169 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=107.792 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=2 ttl=49 time=106.246 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=3 ttl=49 time=107.586 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=4 ttl=49 time=106.834 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=5 ttl=49 time=107.063 ms http to the site doesn't work, https gives a warning and I can connect clicking on "Accept risk and Continue"
February 22, 20242 yr Author root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Generated by NetworkManager search cable.virginm.net localdomain nameserver 194.168.4.100 nameserver 194.168.8.100 nameserver 192.168.10.103 Changed the first nameserver to 8.8.8.8 root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# apt-get update Ign:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy InRelease Ign:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Ign:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Ign:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Ign:5 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security InRelease Ign:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Ign:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Ign:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Ign:6 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-updates InRelease Ign:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Ign:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Ign:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Ign:7 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-backports InRelease Err:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Connection failed [IP: 185.199.109.153 80] Err:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Connection failed [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] Err:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Connection failed [IP: 35.185.44.232 80] 0% [Waiting for headers]^C root@rpi4b:/etc/apt I am running my network through IPFire firewall. I'll check to see if there is a recent change with the latest version that may be causing this to happen
February 22, 20242 yr Author Solution Found a similar problem and fix with arduino.cc on the IPFire firewall forum ... Disabling "Intrusion Prevention System" in IPFire has fixed it. Edited February 22, 20242 yr by Sid Boyce
February 26, 20242 yr Author Fixed by disabling Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) in IPFire. Strangely I found a topic I submitted a long time ago where I couldn't get to arduino.cc in a browser which was fixed by disabling IPS. When upgrading IPFire, IPS got enabled by default.
March 2, 20242 yr In search posts referring to a similar (?) problem I ran across this post hoping to find some remedial hints. Upon trying to update/upgrade my Cubietruck Bookworm OS I received this error message: root@CT:~# apt-get update OK:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease OK:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease OK:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports InRelease OK:4 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Ign:5 http://fi.mirror.armbian.de/apt bookworm InRelease Fehl:6 http://fi.mirror.armbian.de/apt bookworm Release 404 Not Found [IP: 65.21.120.247 80] Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig E: Das Depot »http://apt.armbian.com bookworm Release« enthält keine Release-Datei mehr. N: Eine Aktualisierung von solch einem Depot kann nicht auf eine sichere Art durchgeführt werden, daher ist es standardmäßig deaktiviert. N: Weitere Details zur Erzeugung von Paketdepots sowie zu deren Benutzerkonfiguration finden Sie in der Handbuchseite apt-secure(8). The stated address does not seem to hold a release file anymore, which does not allow for a secure upgrade. Otherwise my Armbian/Debian system runs flawlessly. Is there a way to get over this problem? Many thanks in advance for help.
March 2, 20242 yr 39 minutes ago, Giunti said: Is there a way to get over this problem? It is. Wait. We are working on it. https://github.com/armbian/mirror/issues/16
March 4, 20242 yr Thanx a multitude, Igor. "apt-get update" seems to work again, however, "upgrade" yielded another error. I then tried upgrade --fix-missing" and that seemed to do the job alright. See screenshots attached in chronological order. If that conforms with your expectations, I'm happy, too.😁 All the best, Giunti PS.: I'm sorry for the German representation of the messages in the screenshots.
March 4, 20242 yr 59 minutes ago, Giunti said: I then tried upgrade --fix-missing" and that seemed to do the job alright. Yeah, mirrors syncing / checking which are in sync is not working perfectly well. Yet. In a day, those random errors should be gone.
March 4, 20242 yr Author My problem was due to IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) being enabled on my IPFire firewall box. When I did a search on the IPFire forum I found I had raised an issue some time ago -- not able to access only www.arduino.cc and that was due to IPS being enabled. Recent IPFire upgrades automatically turned it on.
March 5, 20242 yr always the same error here (odroid n2+° WHen update 404 Not Found [IP: 65.21.120.247 80]
March 5, 20242 yr 3 hours ago, maknho said: always the same error here (odroid n2+° WHen update 404 Not Found [IP: 65.21.120.247 80] Can you provide what you get from: sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade Dot it 3x.
March 6, 20242 yr If I had to guess missing release file. means unsupported userspace Release files for trixie, mantic, bookworm, sid, jammy and noble are there.
March 6, 20242 yr 8 hours ago, Igor said: Can you provide what you get from: sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade Dot it 3x. apt update Atteint :1 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security InRelease Atteint :2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease Atteint :3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease Atteint :4 http://forge.yunohost.org/debian bullseye InRelease Atteint :5 https://packages.sury.org/php bullseye InRelease Ign :6 http://fi.mirror.armbian.de/apt bullseye InRelease Err :7 http://fi.mirror.armbian.de/apt bullseye Release 404 Not Found [IP : 65.21.120.247 80] Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait E: Le dépôt http://apt.armbian.com bullseye Release ne contient plus de fichier Release. N: Les mises à jour depuis un tel dépôt ne peuvent s'effectuer de manière sécurisée, et sont donc désactivées par défaut. N: Voir les pages de manuel d'apt-secure(8) pour la création des dépôts et les détails de configuration d'un utilisateur Edited March 6, 20242 yr by maknho
March 6, 20242 yr 3 hours ago, Werner said: Release files for trixie, mantic, bookworm, sid, jammy and noble are there. Re-adding bullseye too?
March 6, 20242 yr Hello. Recently I noticed the buster and bullseye sources were removed. Is that mean Armbian buster and bullseye EOL? However I can't find any news about this. If they are EOL, is there anyone able to give me a URL to find their archives? Because of my devices' hardware, their OS's kernels can't be upgraded. (AML S805 with Nand flash) cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list deb http://apt.armbian.com buster main buster-utils buster-desktop
March 6, 20242 yr OPI PC2 here. I had a missing release error the other day and just assumed it was because it was no longer supported. That is no longer the case and I also get: Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease [44.1 kB] Get:3 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security InRelease [48.4 kB] Get:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease [49.0 kB] Err:6 http://apt.armbian.com bullseye InRelease 502 Bad Gateway [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] Get:5 https://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease [3917 B] Hit:7 https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye InRelease Get:8 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security/main arm64 Packages [342 kB] Get:9 https://cli.github.com/packages stable/main arm64 Packages [346 B] Fetched 488 kB in 3s (167 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done 2 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them. W: Failed to fetch http://apt.armbian.com/dists/bullseye/InRelease 502 Bad Gateway [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead. Nobody confirmed bullseye so I have to ask.. Edited March 6, 20242 yr by bedna
March 6, 20242 yr I see that bullseye is added back, could focal also be added back? Best regards, Arend-Jan
March 11, 20242 yr I also noticed bullseye was added back. Is buster end of support? Is there any URL of buster's archive like debian-archive ? Thanks so much.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.