Everything posted by Sid Boyce
-
Raspberry Pi4 apt-get update problems
My problem was due to IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) being enabled on my IPFire firewall box. When I did a search on the IPFire forum I found I had raised an issue some time ago -- not able to access only www.arduino.cc and that was due to IPS being enabled. Recent IPFire upgrades automatically turned it on.
-
Raspberry Pi4 apt-get update problems
Fixed by disabling Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) in IPFire. Strangely I found a topic I submitted a long time ago where I couldn't get to arduino.cc in a browser which was fixed by disabling IPS. When upgrading IPFire, IPS got enabled by default.
-
Raspberry Pi4B USB Ethernet not detected at boot
Searches suggest a USB reset script will fix but that says nothing found. It comes up after unplugging and replugging the dongle. Already configured with "nmcli c add type ethernet ifname enx00e04c68080d con-name HiQSDR autoconnect yes save yes ip4 192.168.2.196/24" After boot, nothing in lsusb for it and dmesg -T does not show it. Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0bda:8152 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8152 Fast Ethernet Adapter Things tried:- root@rpi4b:~# cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 24.2.1 jammy" NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION_ID="22.04" VERSION="22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)" VERSION_CODENAME=jammy ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com" SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.armbian.com" UBUNTU_CODENAME=jammy ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 24.2.1 jammy" root@rpi4b:~# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/40-modeswitch.rules # Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Stephan Raue (stephan@openelec.tv) ACTION!="add|change", GOTO="end_modeswitch" KERNEL!="sr[0-9]*", GOTO="end_modeswitch" SUBSYSTEM!="block", GOTO="end_modeswitch" root@rpi4b:~# vcgencmd bootloader_config [all] BOOT_UART=0 WAKE_ON_GPIO=1 POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=0 # Realtek RTL8152 chipset USB lan NIC # initial cdrom mode 0bda:8152, lan mode 0bda:8153 ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="8152", RUN+="/tmp/setupusblanadapter.sh" LABEL="end_modeswitch" https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=336517 doesn't help --- didn't try installing the suggested firmware root@rpi4b:~# raspi-config nonint do_boot_rom E1 /usr/bin/raspi-config: 1506: [: Illegal number: BOOTLOADER: up to date CURRENT: Thu May 11 06:26:03 AM UTC 2023 (1683786363) LATEST: Thu May 11 06:26:03 AM UTC 2023 (1683786363) RELEASE: stable (/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader-2711/stable) Use raspi-config to change the release. VL805_FW: Dedicated VL805 EEPROM VL805: up to date CURRENT: 000138c0 LATEST: 000138c0
-
Raspberry Pi4 apt-get update problems
Found a similar problem and fix with arduino.cc on the IPFire firewall forum ... Disabling "Intrusion Prevention System" in IPFire has fixed it.
-
Raspberry Pi4 apt-get update problems
root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Generated by NetworkManager search cable.virginm.net localdomain nameserver 194.168.4.100 nameserver 194.168.8.100 nameserver 192.168.10.103 Changed the first nameserver to 8.8.8.8 root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# apt-get update Ign:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy InRelease Ign:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Ign:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Ign:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Ign:5 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security InRelease Ign:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Ign:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Ign:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Ign:6 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-updates InRelease Ign:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Ign:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Ign:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Ign:7 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-backports InRelease Err:2 http://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease Connection failed [IP: 185.199.109.153 80] Err:3 http://apt.armbian.com jammy InRelease Connection failed [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] Err:4 http://paulcarroty.gitlab.io/vscodium-deb-rpm-repo/debs vscodium InRelease Connection failed [IP: 35.185.44.232 80] 0% [Waiting for headers]^C root@rpi4b:/etc/apt I am running my network through IPFire firewall. I'll check to see if there is a recent change with the latest version that may be causing this to happen
-
Raspberry Pi4 apt-get update problems
root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# ping 130.185.239.78 80 PING 130.185.239.78 (130.185.239.78): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=0 ttl=49 time=107.169 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=107.792 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=2 ttl=49 time=106.246 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=3 ttl=49 time=107.586 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=4 ttl=49 time=106.834 ms 64 bytes from 130.185.239.78: icmp_seq=5 ttl=49 time=107.063 ms http to the site doesn't work, https gives a warning and I can connect clicking on "Accept risk and Continue"
-
Raspberry Pi4 apt-get update problems
What ever I try I get Ign or Errors. Happens also on all Pi4's that had been working for years as well as for a new install I am attempting using Armbian_24.2.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.16_xfce_desktop.img.xz root@rpi4b:/etc/apt# apt --allow-unauthenticated upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages have been kept back: gir1.2-gdm-1.0 iptables libgdm1 libip4tc2 libip6tc2 libxtables12 The following packages will be upgraded: coreutils gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 linux-libc-dev 6 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded. Need to get 32.2 MB of archives. After this operation, 269 kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Ign:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-updates/main arm64 coreutils arm64 8.32-4.1ubuntu1.1 Ign:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Ign:3 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 Ign:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Ign:4 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 Ign:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Ign:5 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 Err:2 http://apt.armbian.com jammy/main arm64 linux-libc-dev arm64 23.02.2 Connection failed [IP: 130.185.239.78 80] Ign:6 http://ports.ubuntu.com jammy-security/main arm64 libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18 arm64 2.42.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.2