Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

compile.sh started failing

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I've been building armbian images for my nanopim4 boards for some time with great success, however I refreshed the build scripts today and I'm seeing LOADS of errors flashing by and then It crashes - my build machine is an intel nuc I5 with 16gb RAM running Debian bookworm - I hope I've got the log url correct

If you look at the log you will see that a patch is failing to apply.  If you look at the error, you will see that the failure is for:  drivers/usb/typec/tcpm/tcmp.c  and if you look at kernel.org you will see that that file change earlier today as part of changes for 6.6.31 which was released today.  So you can either contribute a fix for the patch, wait until someone else does that, or pin your build to the previous kernel version.

  • Author

@Werner I ran this from the build folder

git fetch origin pull/6618/head

and I'm trying to build it again - from what I see on the tty it looks to be compiling and linking

Edited by pkfox

4 hours ago, Werner said:

Let me google that for you!

 

https://gprivate.com/6b9kg

 

 

1 - Follow the Build Armbian instructions
if it doesnt Build your image as espected
rm -rf build
git clone --depth 1 --branch v24.05 https://github.com/armbian/build
try again and again and again and again

gh pr checkout 6618

 

Edited by Hqnicolas

  • Author

@Hqnicolas that did the trick thanks for that, presumably this branch predates the breaking change

gh pr checkout 6618

the above command didn't work on my Linux box - thanks again.

 gh pr checkout 6618
fatal: couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/fix-broken-patch

 

Edited by pkfox
edit

17.05.2024 в 19:21, pkfox сказал:

[ LINUXFAMILY='rockchip64' ]

Try to freeze the kernel version for the target family.
Apply this patch to the build system itself.

fix-6.6.30-version.patch

cd /mnt/music/Armbian/build

ls ../fix-6.6.30-version.patch
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch

git status

git restore file1 file2 ....

git pull

patch -p1 -i ../fix-6.6.30-version.patch

Put the patch in a /mnt/music/Armbian/ folder.

Check the status and if there are modified files, do the following:

git restore "list files"

All this is for the main branch

 

P.S. Try to make an assembly.
And please post the log.

Edited by going
Add P.S.

  • Author

@going thank you for your time -  I tried your suggestion and got this

../fix-6.6.30-version.patch

diff: unrecognized option '--git'
diff: Try 'diff --help' for more information.
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch: line 2: index: command not found
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch: line 3: ---: command not found
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch: line 4: +++: command not found
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch: line 5: @@: command not found
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
../fix-6.6.30-version.patch: line 7: `  current)

 

Edited by pkfox

2 часа назад, pkfox сказал:

thank you for your time -  I tried your suggestion and got this

😞 Please read some documentation on BASH commands.

 

The BASH command:

ls ../fix-6.6.30-version.patch

Command output:

../fix-6.6.30-version.patch

This only tells you that the patch file is in /mnt/music/Armbian/fix-6.6.30-version.patch

 

If there are modified files in the build system itself, you will not be able to update it.

Therefore, it is necessary to check the status.

git status

And if the files exist then make a command:

git restore file1 file2 ....

Where file1 and file2 ... are the files reported by the command git status

 

The git pull command will pull the latest updates from the remote repository.

Apply the patch that I posted:

patch -p1 -i ../fix-6.6.30-version.patch

 

After that, run the build command:

./compile.sh ..........

All commands must be executed in the /mnt/music/Armbian/build directory

  • Author

I have a very good understanding of bash commands I just read it differently than you intended, everything actually worked without applying the patch so I'm not sure what we've achieved. What doesn't work is downloading a fresh clone - thanks for your help

Edit

Someone must have merged the fix into the current tree as it now works perfectly again - thanks again

Edited by pkfox
New content

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.