Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Recommendations for an Arm Development platform.

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I've been looking around for an Arm development platform. Banana Pi seems to be about the best value for money. I've been looking around at some TV boxes. However, I see mixed opinions about these being a option. SBCs seem to be almost twice the price of similar spec Arm TV box. Processing power and memory are mostly my priorities. Anything over 4GB seems insanely expensive.

 

I can do SMD soldering work. So modding at TV box is an option.

 

Are there any options for an 8gb Octa core system that isn't going to cost more than a decent PC?

On 5/28/2024 at 10:01 PM, Josh.V said:

I've been looking around at some TV boxes.


as an experienced TvBox GUI,
for the sake of your sanity: keep out of TVbox!

 

 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:01 PM, Josh.V said:

I've been looking around for an Arm development platform.


Banana Pi will launch BPI-M5 Pro with Rockchip RK3576

it will be an great Start point.....

 

Have a look at the FriendlyElec NanoPi R6C or other boards using the Rockchip RK3588 if you want an 8-core CPU and 8GB of RAM. It's priced roughly the same as an Intel N100 Mini-PC.

 

If you're a dev, I wouldn't restrict myself to boards with standard support only, since many great boards are community supported. If you stumble over any problem with the board that is Armbian-related, you can also contribute to the code 😄

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.