Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Install to vim4

Featured Replies

I am wondering how to install this. 

I've installed armbian on a nanopc, and edge V which is now a brick after a brief use as an armbian machine. 

 

But never successfully to a vim 3. I have a fresh out of the box vim3 that fails on boot with the current image on sdcard. 

 

The first vim4 was a doorstop on arrival. 

 

I finally have a second vim 4 that does seem to work if I push the function button 3 times it goes to oowow.  But so far nothing that I've read works to boot from sdcard. 

 

"Holding the function button while power on." 

 

I havent found any instructions here about an install process other than insert the sdcard and power on, which does absolutely nothing. 

 

I have the latest cli image on sdcard. 

 

Also, I take it that vim4 only supports legacy? 

 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

 

 

Solved by Erica

  • Author

Reverified the sdcard image. 

The board boots directly into oowow. 

I dont see an obvious way to tell it to boot from sdcard. 

Holding the function button on power up does nothing. 

  • Author
  • Solution

So it just boots directly to oowow.

There is a menu item for shutdown or reboot.  Reboot tells you to remove any sdcards beforehand. So I didn't. 

And the sdcard booted. 

It has installed, and reboot works. 

I installed to emmc and nvme. 

So far so good.  

 

Tried the ts1040 screen once. It might ve not been plugged correctly.  Dead computer. 

I need to try the other direction.

Copper down. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.