Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vim4 and ts1050 lcd?

Featured Replies

  • Author

Ok, i do have one, but not a vim4. 

 

I have a vim 3. 

But armbian doesnt install on a vim3 as far as i can tell.  No applicable or verified instructions exist for installing it there. 

 

I would like a working vim board with armbian. So maybe a vim4 is my only choice. 

 

I have not seen the screen work outside of android that came with it. On an edge V or vim 3 with any mainline distro. 

 

But it is expected to work?

 

I will have to buy a vim4 to try. 

 

 

  • Author

Ah. Yea those are no longer valid instructions as krescue no longen exists and khadas is against its use even if you can find it. I have it, but the instructions didnt work in June so they are less likely to work now.. 

 

I'm hoping that because vim 4 is in a higher support tier that it will all work. Although I know that linux support for embedded displays is terrible and almost non existant. 

  • Author

Thank you. It would be good to clarify those instructions.  I read through the thread that I started in june and its not clear to me that a solution was found. 

 

If I get a vim 4 I'll let you know if the screen works. 

We did get the nanopc t4 working with it's screen last year so i know its possible. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.