Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sk-am62b images do not boot

Featured Replies

The distributed images for sk-am62b do not boot, tried both the "Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm Minimal" and the "Armbian 24.5.1 Noble CLI" , both only output a u-boot message and then hang:

U-Boot SPL 2023.04-g8366064208 (May 20 2024 - 02:37:44 +0000)
SYSFW ABI: 3.1 (firmware rev 0x0009 '9.2.8--v09.02.08 (Kool Koala)')
SPL initial stack usage: 13408 bytes

 

Method of test:

Download and write image VIA etcher to a SD card and attempt boot.

 

Note using the same method to write the Debian or Yocto  image from TI boots as normal. 

 

For reference, messages from TI Debian boot:

U-Boot SPL 2023.04 (May 27 2024 - 20:11:30 +0000)
SYSFW ABI: 3.1 (firmware rev 0x0009 '9.2.8--v09.02.08 (Kool Koala)')
SPL initial stack usage: 13392 bytes
Trying to boot from MMC2
Authentication passed
Authentication passed
Authentication passed
Authentication passed
Authentication passed
Starting ATF on ARM64 core...

NOTICE:  BL31: v2.10.0(release):v2.10.0-367-g00f1ec6b8
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 20:11:18, May 27 2024
I/TC:
I/TC: OP-TEE version: 4.1.0-51-g012cdca49 (gcc version 13.2.1 20231009 (Arm GNU Toolchain 13.2.rel1 (Build arm-13.7))) #1 Mon May 27 20:11:23 UTC 2024 aarch64
I/TC: WARNING: This OP-TEE configuration might be insecure!
I/TC: WARNING: Please check https://optee.readthedocs.io/en/latest/architecture/porting_guidelines.html
I/TC: Primary CPU initializing
I/TC: GIC redistributor base address not provided
I/TC: Assuming default GIC group status and modifier
I/TC: SYSFW ABI: 3.1 (firmware rev 0x0009 '9.2.8--v09.02.08 (Kool Koala)')
I/TC: HUK Initialized
I/TC: Activated SA2UL device
I/TC: Enabled firewalls for SA2UL TRNG device
I/TC: SA2UL TRNG initialized
I/TC: SA2UL Drivers initialized
I/TC: Primary CPU switching to normal world boot

same SD card, same hw / same switch settings on HW, ....

  • Author

I also tried, which is the oldest image I can find, and it acts the same as the other Armbian images. i.e. fail in same way. :

Armbian_24.2.1_Sk-am62b_bookworm_edge_6.6.16_minimal.img.xz

  • Author

tried adding the LP versions of the files specified

# TI AM62 quad core 2GB 2xGBE OSPI HDMI

BOARD_NAME="SK-AM62B"
BOARDFAMILY="k3"
BOARD_MAINTAINER="glneo"
BOOTCONFIG="am62x_evm_a53_defconfig"
BOOTFS_TYPE="fat"
BOOT_FDT_FILE="ti/k3-am625-lp-sk.dts"
TIBOOT3_BOOTCONFIG="am62x_lpsk_r5_defconfig"
TIBOOT3_FILE="tiboot3-am62x-hs-fs-evm.bin"
DEFAULT_CONSOLE="serial"
HAS_VIDEO_OUTPUT="no"
KERNEL_TARGET="edge"
SERIALCON="ttyS2"
ATF_BOARD="lite"

in the board file, but still no luck, wish there was a document of "how I got this board to boot with Armbian", so that for similar boards we could try to reproduce the work.

 

Can't find a "sk-am62b board to test the default build on as they are obsolete, being replaced by the one I'm trying to get to work. 

6 hours ago, anthony winner said:

wish there was a document of "how I got this board to boot with Armbian"

That would be impossible to create since all boards have different demands to make them work.

Here are a few examples on how to add a new board or whole family: https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Adding-Board-Family/

The main difference between the two is AM62B uses DDR4 and AM62-LP uses LPDDR4 - also AM62-LP uses the AMC package device. Anyway, I think because the board is so old it probably used GP vs HS-FS silicon like the modern boards so you need to adjust the config file to include something like this -

 

TIBOOT3_FILE="tiboot3-am62x-gp-evm.bin"
TISPL_FILE="tispl.bin_unsigned"
UBOOT_FILE="u-boot.img_unsigned"

 

So this config should work - it uses the GP silicon version of the images. BeaglePlay is the only current production AM62x board with GP silicon.

 

BOARD_NAME="SK-AM62-LP"
BOARDFAMILY="k3"
BOARD_MAINTAINER="nobody"
BOOTCONFIG="am62x_evm_a53_defconfig"
BOOTFS_TYPE="fat"
BOOT_FDT_FILE="ti/k3-am625-lp-sk.dts"
TIBOOT3_BOOTCONFIG="am62x_lpsk_r5_defconfig"
TIBOOT3_FILE="tiboot3-am62x-gp-evm.bin"
TISPL_FILE="tispl.bin_unsigned"
UBOOT_FILE="u-boot.img_unsigned"
DEFAULT_CONSOLE="serial"
HAS_VIDEO_OUTPUT="no"
KERNEL_TARGET="edge"
SERIALCON="ttyS2"
ATF_BOARD="lite"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.