Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USB device not recognized at boot

Featured Replies

Dear All,

 

I have a USB wifi device that has always been working fine at boot with linux 5.1, now I upgraded to 6.1 gnome/vendor and I got a strange behavior on my OPI 5:

   - If I have wifi device plugged and power on the PI5, the USB device is not seen (no trace of it with lsusb).

   - If I have wifi device plugged and power on the PI5, the USB device is not seen (no trace of it with lsusb). But, with the PI 5 still running, If I unplug it and re-plug it, it is recognized and works fine. Also after that, if I issue a sudo reboot, the wifi device will be seen and work properly.

      (it does not matter what usb port I use white, or blue, same behavior on all)

  - If I plug the usb device on an external usb hub (with no external power source) with the USB-C and power On the PI5 the wifi usb is recognized at boot and works fine.

 

What could this be due?

 

Regards,

Edited by Tony3
improved description of the issue

  • Author

ok, so I booted the PI5 with the Wifi usb connected.

There was no network

I unplugged it, replugged it

run armbianmonitor -u

 

The URL is: https://paste.armbian.com/onufowuwox

 

Not sure if it helps, but the device not recognised at boot is (of course message below appeared when i unplugged replugged the wifi device):

81.480055] usb 7-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd

[ 81.621038] usb 7-1: New USB device found, idVendor=27d5, idProduct=0001, bcdDevice= 1.00

[ 81.621095] usb 7-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[ 81.621126] usb 7-1: Product: USBWLAN

[ 81.621151] usb 7-1: Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros.

[ 81.621177] usb 7-1: SerialNumber: 12345678

Edited by Tony3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.