Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gpio serial port(uart-a) not working

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

 

I'm currently working on a bananaPi M2S and trying to set up serial communication through the GPIO port on my device. I am using the provided overlay for UART-A. The overlay seems to work as it registers the serial device, as indicated by the dmesg output:

bash

 

[ 0.000277] printk: console [tty1] enabled 
[ 0.734433] ff803000.serial: ttyAML0 at MMIO 0xff803000 (irq = 14, base_baud = 1500000) is a meson_uart 
[ 0.734458] printk: console [ttyAML0] enabled 
[ 0.735241] ffd24000.serial: ttyAML6 at MMIO 0xffd24000 (irq = 15, base_baud = 1500000) is a meson_uart 
[ 0.735395] serial serial0: tty port ttyAML6 registered 
[ 2.663304] systemd[1]: Created slice Slice /system/serial-getty. 
[ 3.140660] systemd[1]: Found device /dev/ttyAML0. 

 

However, the device /dev/ttyAML6 does not appear in the /dev folder.

 

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

 

  • Loaded the UART-A overlay.
  • Verified registration through dmesg logs, which show that ttyAML6 is indeed registered.

 

What I've checked:

  • I ran ls /dev/ttyAML* and /dev/tty* but didn't find ttyAML6.

 

Questions:

 

Is there a known issue with this overlay or an additional step I'm missing to make the device node appear in /dev?

Are there specific udev rules I need to add or modify to automatically create the device node?

 

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.