Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I2C and SPI pinout

Featured Replies

Hello. Because of bad CB1 eMMC board manual, and very incompetent and formal tech support (they approve that their boards can only be used for 3D printers🤦🤣) I don't understand, what pins (GPIOs) of CB1 eMMC board are used for I2C and SPI interfaces. And what pins will correspond to I2C and SPI interfaces in armbian-config -> System -> Hardware? I tried to test the board with the Pi4b_Adapter, but as I understood from pinout in the manual for the adapter (the pins for I2C 3 and 5) don't work with CB1 (NC - not connected), it works only with CM4. Does anyone know what other I2C pins are exposed on the adapter board?

I plan to use the CB1 board as a platform for my projects.

 

Здравствуйте. Из-за слабой документации на плату CB1 eMMC и некомпетентной и формальной техподдержки (которая утверждала, что их платы могут использоваться только для 3d принтеров🤦🤣) я не могу разобраться, какие выводы платы соответствуют интерфейсам I2C и SPI в armbian-config -> System -> Hardware. Я попробовал протестировать плату через адаптер Pi4b_Adapter, но, как я понял из распиновки в мануале, выводы 3 и 5 для I2C - не подключены, они могут использоваться только с платой Raspberry CM4. Может быть кто-то знает, какие другие выводы I2C выведены на плату адаптера и их можно использовать? 

Плату CB1 планирую использовать как платформу для своих проектов.

Edited by Maksim Davletchin

  • Author

In dts file I found pins for i2c0-pi (PI6, PI7) and i2c4-ph (PH6, PH7). These are pins, that I can use from 40 Pin GPIO (CB1 eMMC + Pi4B Adapter). I activate it in armbian-config.

Screenshot_3.jpg.0c6bf144becb88097a7026087c5fac4f.jpg

 

nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt :

->

verbosity=1
bootlogo=false
console=both
disp_mode=1920x1080p60
overlay_prefix=sun50i-h616
fdtfile=allwinner/sun50i-h616-bigtreetech-cb1-emmc.dtb
rootdev=UUID=a8678701-cc8d-475f-9c91-758f792917c9
rootfstype=ext4
overlays=i2c0-pi i2c4-ph
usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u

 

Rebooting...

 

After asked enabled i2c buses:

i2cdetect -ls

->
i2c-0   i2c             mv64xxx_i2c adapter                     I2C adapter
i2c-1   i2c             DesignWare HDMI                         I2C adapter

 

Where is i2c-4 bus, that I choose in armbian-config??

 

Ok, I connect my devices with pins PI6 and PI7 (I tried to use PI6 as SDA, Pi7 as SCL, and vice versa),  when I ask i2c0 addresses, there are no my devices (my devices addresses are 0x20 and 0x48):

 

i2cdetect -y 0

->
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f 
00:                         -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

 

Only system device UU - 0x36

What's wrong?

 

P.S. Everything works with CM4  module.

Edited by Maksim Davletchin

  • Author

@JohnTheCoolingFan, thanks for your reply. But, if I'm not mistaken, this is not a hardware but a software driver that creates a "virtual" i2c bus (which will consume cb1 resources). In my project i2c bus will be always busy and in pooling process, and I don't want to load the system

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.