Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Re-Installing Armbian (or other distro) on nvme boot partition?

Featured Replies

Hello!

Iv'e just done a test run installing Armbian for booting off my new m.2 nvme drive.

As 'm planning to have the drives 2nd large partition as my basic home file server I'm wondering if I can as easily re-install the OS if/when I need to update it to a newer one?

Because the instructions I followed and that I see around do a very basic

cat /dev/mmcblk1 > /dev/nvme0n1

onto the raw un-partitioned nvme. 

 

My case will be that I have data on a partition on that drive that needs to stay.

Is this going to be an issue or are there ways to re-install Armbian or even other distro on the boot partition?

Cheers!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.