November 16, 20241 yr When I run apt update on my Armbian machine (station-p2) I have started getting the following error message: mark@station-m2:~$ sudo apt update Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease Hit:5 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security InRelease Hit:1 http://armbian.chi.auroradev.org/apt bullseye InRelease Hit:7 http://giteduberger.fr rpimonitor/ InRelease Get:6 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease [3,264 B] Err:6 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 Reading package lists... Done W: GPG error: https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 E: The repository 'https://armbian.github.io/configng stable InRelease' is not signed. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. mark@station-m2:~$ This has been happening for the past few days, and I don't know how to resolve the issue. I can get to the https://github.armbian.com/configng webpage from my network but I keep getting errors when trying to update. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
November 17, 20241 yr Try this: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/23465-apt-get-update-fails-with-public-key-errors/?do=findComment&comment=172106 and below
November 17, 20241 yr Author That worked! Thank you for the quick response and the simple fix to this issue. Mark Binkerd
November 17, 20241 yr Author I think I spoke too soon. The sudo apt update process is working but when I try to do sudo apt upgrade I get an error: mark@station-m2:~$ sudo apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/114 kB of archives. After this operation, 611 kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y dpkg-deb: error: archive '/var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.25.1114.223708_all.deb' uses unknown compression for member 'control.tar.zst', giving up dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.25.1114.223708_all.deb (--unpack): dpkg-deb --control subprocess returned error exit status 2 Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.25.1114.223708_all.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) Seems that whatever update this is it is compressed with the zst format. I don't know if this is a repository error or something that needs fixing on my system. Any help would be appreciated.
November 19, 20241 yr On 11/17/2024 at 6:22 PM, binkerd said: something that needs fixing on my system Running Debian bullseye? This is EOL. Edit: Aha, yes, that's it. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/669004/zst-compression-not-supported-by-apt-dpkg
November 21, 20241 yr On 11/20/2024 at 12:47 AM, Igor said: Edit: Aha, yes, that's it. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/669004/zst-compression-not-supported-by-apt-dpkg Hi @Igor, I'm attempting to update from OMV6 --> OMV7 and initially got the NO_PUBKEY error which I was able to resolve following the link that @Werner provided 🙂. I'm now getting the same unknown compression error as @binkerd dpkg-deb: error: archive '/var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.47.1118.163006_all.deb' uses unknown compression for member 'control.tar.zst', giving up dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.47.1118.163006_all.deb (--unpack): dpkg-deb --control subprocess returned error exit status 2 Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.47.1118.163006_all.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) I followed your link to the stack exchange post, but I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem? Do I need to edit the apt/sources.list/ and apt/sources.list.d/? Thanks!
November 28, 20241 yr I have the same exact problem on Orange Pi 3LTS. I was trying to update OMV6 to OMV7 and now I get that error. Also every time a do an apt update, I get N: Ignoring file 'key' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has no filename extension OMV UI now says there is an update for armbian-config, but if I try to install, it says 500 - Internal Server Error Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-broken --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" dist-upgrade 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Calculating upgrade... The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config N: Ignoring file 'key' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has no filename extension 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/119 kB of archives. After this operation, 612 kB disk space will be freed. dpkg-deb: error: archive '/var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.98.1128.095534_all.deb' uses unknown compression for member 'control.tar.zst', giving up dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.98.1128.095534_all.deb (--unpack): dpkg-deb --control subprocess returned error exit status 2 Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-config_25.2.0-trunk.98.1128.095534_all.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
November 28, 20241 yr Should be fixed with: https://github.com/armbian/scripts/commit/9fe944b9c275116a1811f24c76714846ced39f50
November 29, 20241 yr After hours of struggle I've managed to upgrade to OMV7 (too many passages to track) and now it works, except - one of the containers (Homarr) now points at "orangepi3lts:7575" instead of 192.168.1.168:7575 - none of the proxy hosts in Nginx Proxy Manager is resolved to Cloudflare domain. They are there on CF, looking good, the cloudflareddns service updates my public IP, but I keep getting error 523. I haven't touched anything net-related while upgrading, but something broke. Any idea? /etc/resolv.conf shows 192.168.1.1 search . 192.168.1.1 is my fritz.box which points at my 2 piholes, one of which is on the orangepi3lts itself
November 29, 20241 yr 8 minutes ago, jan_axhell said: I haven't touched anything net-related while upgrading, but something broke. Any idea? OMV install touches many things in the system which is beyond our possibility & interest to know. This is probably a question for OMV forums.
December 30, 20241 yr Hi there, recently i see exact the same Error when i try to update my system (odroid c2 with Armbian v24, debian bullseye) OK:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease OK:3 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security InRelease OK:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease OK:5 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease Holen:6 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease [3.255 B] OK:7 http://deb.volian.org/volian scar InRelease OK:1 https://ryanfortner.github.io/box64-debs/debian ./ InRelease Holen:9 https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable InRelease [12,8 kB] OK:8 http://netcup.armbian.com/apt bullseye InRelease Fehl:6 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Die folgenden Signaturen konnten nicht überprüft werden, weil ihr öffentlicher Schlüssel nicht verfügbar ist: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 Fehl:9 https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable InRelease Die folgenden Signaturen waren ungültig: EXPKEYSIG 075721F6A224060A openHAB Bintray Repositories <owner@openhab.org> Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig W: GPG-Fehler: https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease: Die folgenden Signaturen konnten nicht überprüft werden, weil ihr öffentlicher Schlüssel nicht verfügbar ist: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 E: Das Depot »https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease« ist nicht signiert. N: Eine Aktualisierung von solch einem Depot kann nicht auf eine sichere Art durchgeführt werden, daher ist es standardmäßig deaktiviert. N: Weitere Details zur Erzeugung von Paketdepots sowie zu deren Benutzerkonfiguration finden Sie in der Handbuchseite apt-secure(8). W: Während der Überprüfung der Signatur trat ein Fehler auf. Das Depot wurde nicht aktualisiert und die vorherigen Indexdateien werden verwendet. GPG-Fehler: https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable InRelease: Die folgenden Signaturen waren ungültig: EXPKEYSIG 075721F6A224060A openHAB Bintray Repositories <owner@openhab.org> i read through this topic here, but actually nothing could fix my issue? Any thoughts? Thanks Schlotze83!
December 30, 20241 yr 31 minutes ago, Schlotze83! said: Fehl:9 https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable InRelease Die folgenden Signaturen waren ungültig: EXPKEYSIG 075721F6A224060A openHAB Bintray Repositories <owner@openhab.org> Hi, this issue is unrelated to Armbian. I suggest to ask at openhab about the expired key signature. They should know.
December 30, 20241 yr Hi Werner, you are correct, there is an OpenHAB issue, but also first this here: Fehl:6 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Die folgenden Signaturen konnten nicht überprüft werden, weil ihr öffentlicher Schlüssel nicht verfügbar ist: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 So i have 2 issues, i guess: first: Armbian second: OpenHAB Correct me, if i am wrong...
December 30, 20241 yr This is correct. Try this for the Armbian related: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/23465-apt-get-update-fails-with-public-key-errors/page/2/#findComment-178626
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.