Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot build kernel module on 6.6.47-current-rockchip

Featured Replies

I am trying to build a kernel module on latest tinkerboard Armbian release:
 

uname -a
Linux tinkerboard 6.6.47-current-rockchip #2 SMP Mon Aug 19 04:04:32 UTC 2024 armv7l GNU/Linux

The kernel module in question is Open Source Mali Midgard GPU Kernel Driver, downloaded from ARM.
I installed kernel headers through armbian-config:
 

ls /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip
arch   certs   Documentation  fs       init      ipc      kernel  Makefile  Module.symvers  rust     scripts   sound  usr
block  crypto  drivers        include  io_uring  Kconfig  lib     mm        net             samples  security  tools  virt

When I run make with verbose option inside the module source directory, I get the following output:

make V=1
make -C /lib/modules/6.6.47-current-rockchip/build M=/home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard EXTRA_CFLAGS="-I/home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/../../../../include -I/home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/../../../../tests/include "  KBUILD_EXTRA_SYMBOLS="" modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip'
make --no-print-directory -C /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip \
-f /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip/Makefile modules
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=/home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard need-builtin=1 need-modorder=1
# cmd_modules_order /home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/modules.order
  {  :; } > /home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/modules.order
sh ./scripts/modules-check.sh /home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/modules.order
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.modpost
# MODPOST /home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/Module.symvers
   scripts/mod/modpost -M        -o /home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/Module.symvers -T /home/loregen/libs-from-source/TX041-SW-99002-r26p0-01rel0/driver/product/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/modules.order -i Module.symvers -e
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.modfinal
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip'

I cannot figure out why the module doesn't build. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.