Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where are the kernel parameters in UEFI x86?

Featured Replies

Hi, I'm running Armbian UEFI x86 on a Radxa Rock X4 and I'm struggling to find, where to put the kernel parameters. The armbian-config SY003 suggests /boot/armbianEnv.txt. So I've put a line with extraargs=, but it is ignored.

 

Then I've tried /etc/default/grub adding the parameters to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= and then doing update-grub, but it is also ignored.

 

Where should I put the kernel parameters?

Edited by fik

  • Author

It looks I've found it. /etc/default/grub.d/98-armbian.cfg replaces GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT. Is it a good idea? Don't know

Edited by fik

  • Author

Thanks Igor, it works. My question was more about if it is a good idea to overwrite the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT from well known location /etc/default/grub. It potentially may confuse people.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.