Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auto login + auto start python script

Featured Replies

Hello,

Im using Orange Pi One with Armbian v6.6 (Ubuntu 24.04 CLI). I want to autologin to armbian and than auto run a python script. I already tried some things, but with no success. I will add screenshots of files what I modified.

 

In the first screenshot in the red rectangle I modified it and changed every RealUserName to root as suggested in this thread:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16788-auto-user-login/

Or it doesnt work with root and I need to use user account?

 

In the second screenshot I just added few lines according to this thread:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7458-how-to-run-a-python-script-at-startup-on-orange-pi-zero/

 

I dont think the problem is in the script autorun but in the autologin. But I could be wrong.

Any other idea how to acomplish this task?

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot1.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.