Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

correct procedure to disable kernel updates

Featured Replies

I installed armbian with a vendor kernel 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx.

I want to be sure the kernel is not updated.

I used armbian-config and selected "SY203   -  Disable Armbian kernel upgrades"

 

Disable Armbian kernel/firmware upgrades
Would you like to continue? 

 

after selecting "Yes", the menu shows "SY202   -  Enable Armbian firmware upgrades" so I check with

apt-mark showhold and it returned only "armbian-firmware"

 

Do I have to put my kernel packages on hold?

linux-dtb-vendor-rk35xx
linux-headers-vendor-rk35xx
linux-image-vendor-rk35xx

 

I find misleading the change in the description from SY203 to SY202: kernel -> firmware

 

Solved by Werner

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.