February 10, 20251 yr Hi I'm wondering if you are considering to support Orange Pi 5 support. I want to use the HDMI input to record 4k 60fps. At the moment I'm using the official orange pi image (kernel 6.1.43) and I've many issues in the kernel Quote [ 4866.179834] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2 [ 4866.260829] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23! [ 4866.897145] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio [ 4870.556651] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x32315559, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556667] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x32315559, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556669] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x32315659, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556672] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x50323234, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556674] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x56595559, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556676] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x59565955, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556679] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x50313134, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556681] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x39565559, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556683] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x39555659, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556684] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x4f424752, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556686] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x51424752, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556688] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x50424752, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556690] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x52424752, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556693] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x33524742, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556695] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x33424752, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556697] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x34325258, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556699] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x34325842, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556701] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x34325241, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556703] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x34324142, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556705] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x34524742, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556707] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x34424752, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556709] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x59455247, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556711] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x20363159, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556712] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x2036315a, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.556714] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_s_fmt_vid_cap_mplane: err, set_fmt:0x3432564e, cur_fmt:0x3631564e! [ 4870.583506] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_start_streaming: delay_line:720 [ 4871.779810] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: rcv frames [ 4876.512192] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: stream start stopping [ 4876.563926] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_stop_streaming wait last irq timeout, return bufs! [ 4876.563972] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: stream stopping finished [ 4877.580032] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2 [ 4877.679342] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23! [ 4878.043928] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio [ 4878.273579] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p30.00 (2200x1125) [ 4879.413396] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2 [ 4879.514266] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23!
February 10, 20251 yr 35 minutes ago, Erez Alster said: I'm wondering if you are considering to support Here are variants how you can support our project Board support rules: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Board-Support-Rules/ (I think you will be able to get an answer by reading this)
February 10, 20251 yr Author thanks for the reply. I was able to build armbian from scretch with the new module based on orange pi max. Can you guide me how to add hdmirx to the kernel? at the moment I'm not able to use the HDMI input at all
February 10, 20251 yr hdmirx is disabled by default since the code is poorly implemented and causes load for no reason. If you still want to play with this enable it via overlay.
February 10, 20251 yr Author Thank you. I see a lot of patches around this area in the build project. I will take a look. thank you! What is your recommendation about consuming video? using only CSI?
February 10, 20251 yr 49 minutes ago, Erez Alster said: I see a lot of patches around this area in the build project. That is a hard work of people that spent their precious private time to fix broken software support of Orangepi.
February 10, 20251 yr Author I will try to join the effort too I'm not able to find the hdmirx binaries at all. I compiled armbian without any modifications. Am I missing something?
February 11, 20251 yr Author Can you suggest alternatives for using HDMI input? So what is the solution if i want to consume 4k 60fps video?
February 11, 20251 yr Isn't the hdmirx on rk3588 able to do 4k60? https://www.rock-chips.com/uploads/pdf/2022.8.26/192/RK3588 Brief Datasheet.pdf
February 11, 20251 yr hdmirx aside, Would Armbian run on Orange Pi 5 ultra? a closer image I'd guess is this? https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-plus/ there is also some 'rumors' about rk3588 mainlining efforts, I'd guess it could be 'lost in translation' / misintepreted I've weighed between a Rpi 5 vs rk3588, rk3588 seemed to be higher performing and has a built-in NPU. But that for sure Rpi 5 have more 'popular' support, at least from Rpi itself. A thing about Armbian and/'or mainline based linux running on these boards is, they tend to be 'beyond rpi', hacks like HDMI RX is feasible. Rpi is more for 'lazy' tinkerers who wants boards that 'just works', but that sometimes that helps.
February 11, 20251 yr 9 minutes ago, ag123 said: Would Armbian run on Orange Pi 5 ultra? If somebody adds support for it, why not? 13 minutes ago, ag123 said: there is also some 'rumors' about rk3588 mainlining efforts, I'd guess it could be 'lost in translation' / misintepreted https://www.cnx-software.com/2024/12/21/rockchip-rk3588-mainline-linux-support-current-status-and-future-work-for-2025/ tl;dr: even if rk abandons it seems like collabora will continue.
February 11, 20251 yr well, the SOC is the same, 'in theory', that image e.g. for pi5-plus should work. The trouble is the dram and all + on board emmc, and i'm not sure what else (ethernet/wifi ?) etc may be different. I think i'd go with a Rpi 5 firsthand as I've yet to get a board and maybe add a rk3588 (perhaps much) later. and well in mainline there seemed to be a dts already there for opi 5 plus https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588-orangepi-5-plus.dts?h=v6.13 but it'd seem there is no 'specifics' for opi 5 ultra https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip?h=v6.13 if it is true, one'd need to go on the notion of 'may work' e.g. to use the opi 5+ image for a start. and of course the other 'hidden' (and very important) thing is uboot https://www.denx.de/project/u-boot/
February 12, 20251 yr Author My main issue with RPI5 is the lack of hardware video encoder which is extremely disappointing! Radxa team is checking the HDMI issue on their board (they are using 3588 as well) - https://forum.radxa.com/t/hdmi-input-support/25740/8 3588 should support 4k 60fps in theory but there are many complaints about using WIFI, BTH & USB in parallel that leading the losing signals when working with HDMI input.
February 22, 20251 yr There is a "out of the box" support for Orange pi 5 boards... which is proprietary packages. Go here, find the .deb file for mali-g610 and install it with sudo dpkg -i file.name.
March 2, 20251 yr Hi, I tried the build. Unfortunately, it doesn't start. I'll connect via uart tomorrow and see what he's writing.
March 2, 20251 yr I did a last minute fix when you read through the pr. Please test https://fi.mirror.armbian.de/.testing/Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Orangepi5-ultra_bookworm_current_6.12.17_minimal.img.xz
March 2, 20251 yr The HDMI-out does not work. But the LED is blinking. as I understand it, the hdmi0 interface is reserved by rx Maybe that's the problem... Edited March 2, 20251 yr by Sinclear
March 3, 20251 yr This is expected for current. If it boots its good enough for server application. To make use of all the other hw features either wait a few years or try to make vendor kernel work.
March 4, 20251 yr https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1toMSBI5hTQ88DLRtX86yIwBBG5ipPXaN?usp=sharing armbian server (on Debian 12 & Ubuntu) Wi-fi is not working (AP6611) Edited March 5, 20251 yr by Sinclear
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.