February 11, 20251 yr I have an orange pi 3 LTS running armbian 25.2 noble gnome that i installed an xfce4 desktop i am trying to autostart a remmina RDP session when a user logs in. I started by making a .desktop file in file in the home/(xxx user name xxx).config/AutoStart and making it executable. the .desktop file will run fine when ran manually but doesn't start on boot I then tried making a .service file in /home/(xxx user name xxx)/.config/systemd/user/ then doing a systemctl --user daemon-reload then doing a systemctl --user enable (my service name) when i do a systemctl --user start (my service name) it runs fine on reboot it fails and when i check the status by systemctl --user status (my service name) it comes back failed with can not open display as the fault. what should I try next
February 11, 20251 yr Author Solution never mind I started messing with options in my .desktop file an was able to get it to work.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.