Everything posted by z28z34man
- WiringOP & Python on OrangePi 5 plus
-
WiringOP & Python on OrangePi 5 plus
I know I am bringing this back from the dead but i am having issued getting wiringop-python installed. with the fallowing i was able to do a gpio readall echo "BOARD=orangepi5plus" | sudo tee /etc/orangepi-release but when i get errors from the sudo python3 setup.py install. (wiringpi_warp.c:3901:29: error: implicit declaration of function 'getGpioNum' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]) # get the dependencies sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get -y install git swig python3-dev python3-setuptools # clone wiringOP-python repo, the branch should be "next" and NOT "main" or "master" git clone --recursive https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/wiringOP-Python -b next cd wiringOP-Python git submodule update --init --remote python3 generate-bindings.py > bindings.i sudo python3 setup.py install is there a fix for this?
-
how to autostart remmina when user logs in
never mind I started messing with options in my .desktop file an was able to get it to work.
-
how to autostart remmina when user logs in
I have an orange pi 3 LTS running armbian 25.2 noble gnome that i installed an xfce4 desktop i am trying to autostart a remmina RDP session when a user logs in. I started by making a .desktop file in file in the home/(xxx user name xxx).config/AutoStart and making it executable. the .desktop file will run fine when ran manually but doesn't start on boot I then tried making a .service file in /home/(xxx user name xxx)/.config/systemd/user/ then doing a systemctl --user daemon-reload then doing a systemctl --user enable (my service name) when i do a systemctl --user start (my service name) it runs fine on reboot it fails and when i check the status by systemctl --user status (my service name) it comes back failed with can not open display as the fault. what should I try next
- Can't flash Armbian to EMMC on Orange Pi 5B
- Orange Pi 3-LTS how do i enable UART 3
- Orange Pi 3-LTS how do i enable UART 3
- Orange Pi 3-LTS how do i enable UART 3
- Orange Pi 3-LTS how do i enable UART 3
-
Orange Pi 3-LTS how do i enable UART 3
How do i enable UART 3 in an orange pi 3-LTS. i checked the /boot/armbianEnv.txt file and it has overlay_prefix=sun50i-h6. i then did a sudo armbian-config > System > Kernel > SYS210 Manage device tree overlays > enabled sun50i-h6-uart3 > reboot. after all that i am still only seeing ttys0 when i do a dmesg | grep tty
- Can't flash Armbian to EMMC on Orange Pi 5B
- Armbian Debian 12 (Bookworm) Cinnamon Linux v6.1bricks EMMC on armbian-install
-
Armbian Debian 12 (Bookworm) Cinnamon Linux v6.1bricks EMMC on armbian-install
I have an orange pi 5b running Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepi5_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop on EMMC just fine. i wanted to try a newer version with hardware acceleration so i tried Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_bookworm_current_6.12.0_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop. I edited the file in the boot folder and could see the EMMC on reboot. i did a sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade. then an armbian-install to install it to the EMMC. it would not boot from the EMMC but i could at least still see it. Then i tried Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_bookworm_vendor_6.1.75_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop and did the same but now i cant see the EMMC even with the original Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepi5_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop i had another orange pi 5b so i tried to do the same thing, but this time not do an update and upgrade before the armbian-install and again i cant see the EMMC. Is there anyway i can get the EMMC back. both of them run fine off the micro SD card but i prefer running off the EMMC if possible. I am assuming it may have corrupted the EMMC and when Linux boots it doesn't add the drive. Is there a way to manually add it after boot and reformat.
- How do i boot an Orange Pi 5B from the EMMC in armbian
-
How do i get HDMI output after i boot up
I have several orange pi 5B running Armbian Bookworm Cinnamon doing various task and they are working quite well. when i want to check up on a system that was booted without a monitor connected at boot time i get no video output on the HDMI. when reboot with the HDMI connected the HDMI outputs video just fine. Are there any settings i can change so the HDMI will output video if a HDMI monitor is connected it boots with no monitor connected
- gpio pins missing from gpio readall
-
How do i boot an Orange Pi 5B from the EMMC in armbian
I installed the armbian image on an SD card and it runs fine. Now I would like to run it from the EMMC for long term reliability. i tried following what Dara Ó hEidhin did in this thread but am not successful For some reason google drive is not letting me download the driver assistant so RKdrivetool doesn't see the orange pi board like the video referenced in the thread so i cant flash it that way. I tried running it from the SD card and editing the armbianEnv.txt in the /boot folder from fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts to fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts and am able to see the EMMC drive. then i try a sudo armbian-install option 5 to flash the boot looder and option 2 to install to the EMMC but i don't believe the boot loader part is working as i don't see a /boot partition on the EMMC I am sure I am missing something simple but I don't know where to go from here. I don't remember having these problems with armbian for my Orange pi zero plus 2 h5 that I am using for klipper on 3D printer.