Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian forum email confirmation error

Featured Replies

I logged in to the Armbian forums today, for the first time in a long time.

 

I got a message that I had to confirm my email. I didn't capture a screenshot and the screen is now gone.

 

I promptly received an email, subject: We've Missed You! Your Account is Active Again. This had some details of my recent access and: "If this was you, please ignore this email. Otherwise, you should secure your account immediately."

 

There was a button: Review Activity & Secure Account. I clicked that button. A page opened with the message: Oops! The page you are trying to access is not available to guests, but may be available if you sign in.

 

I went back to the page that I got when I tried to login, telling me a confirmation email had been sent. At the bottom was a link to resend the confirmation email. I clicked that and this time I promptly got an email with subject: Please confirm your email address change. It had a button: Confirm this address. I clicked it and was then logged in.

 

So, I got in, but it was a bit roundabout. When I first logged in and got the page indicating I need to confirm my email, it seems the email confirmation email wasn't sent. The welcome back email advising of recent activity was fine, except that the button in it went to a non-existent page. The button URL, slightly redacted, was: https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&url=https://forum.armbian.com/settings/devices/&key=**********&email=1&type=loginAfterInactivity. The Resend confirmation email link on the initial page after login worked fine. So, a couple of minor problems with the forum authentication.

 

I looked through the forums and none looked appropriate to an issue with the forums themselves, so I have posted here. Apologies if it is off topic for the off topic forum 😉 Please let me know if there is a better way to get this to the attention of those managing the forums. On the other hand, it is only a minor issue and there are probably more important / valuable things to do, so no worries if this stays as-is.

 

Regards,
Ian

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.