Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Current status on Pinebook Pro

Featured Replies

What is the current status of Pinebook Pro?

 

I see there were Pinebook-Pro-specific install images for older version of Armbian, but there doesn't appear to be any for more recent versions, and currently, the download page points to (non-machine-specific?) UEFI install images.  Is this a transition that was discussed/announced, and can I read the discussion/announcement in archives somewhere?

 

Also, does anyone have any installation/testing reports?  Is 25.02 known to work on the Pinebook Pro?

 

I've tried a few different times to create a Armbian SDCard for my Pinebook Pro.  I've only had one success, one one of my early attempts.  Unfortunately, I did not take very good notes, and I've lost track of which downloaded image file I used to create it.  I still have the successfully-created SDCard, and it still works, but I haven't been able to create another.  When I inspect the contents of the good SDCard, it appears to be 24.8.1, and it boots via GRUB, but I'm not sure if it was made from a PinebookPro-specific image or a UEFI image.

 

There's plenty more testing I could do on my own -- my supply of SDCards is running low, and I should buy a few more, and in an assortment of sizes (successful SDCard was 32GB, some of the most recent attempts (which failed) were to a 256GB SDcard)

Solved by sb2025

  • Solution

I used the Debian 12 uefi desktop image with @djzort‘s instructions and it works great! I’m convinced this is the best setup for the pbpro, at least for me. 

Edited by sb2025

Getting the grub bootloader right with tow-boot's efi implementation seems like the most urgent as it is a hard blocking anyone trying to install.

 

As tow-boot isn't unique to pinebook pro my guess is that handling it impacts other systems.

 

I don't know what would be involved in maintaining it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.