Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some system upgrades with reboot make OS fail to boot correctly... and does not recognize password.

Featured Replies

Hello, here with a Radxa Rock 5 ITX I experience endless loading at reboot after some system upgrades... But not always. Am I doing something wrong by using the command reboot from ssh ? instead of shutdown and power up ?

In that case the system loads to rescue mode, asking for the root password and even if entered correctly does not identify. All comes back to working state with a shutdown and a reboot.
Notice : I've made a donation to support the team. Please help.

 

 

Solved by Werner

  • Author

Thank you Werner I'll check this, I need to buy the equipement to get the logs, and additional information : this happens when I boot from the m2 socket only, not from the sd card.

Edited by Fabien Aurejac

  • Author

To follow up my post, Werner, or anyone else reading this :
My UART adapter was ordered, but the shipping lost its way to me. I have to place an order again.

The situation went better for a time without updating the kernel...
Then I updated to kernel 6.1.99 and the problem reappeared, now I'm stuck in this because I tried another kernel and it did not boot.

For this step, I had to reboot on the SD to the lastest I downloaded at the time of install and installed this version with the root to the nvme, and the bootloader to the SD. It booted, but then after updating to latest, showed no sata anymore.
I downloaded again an image under 6.1.99 kernel it worked, but still no sata.

I then tried the OMV image, but after configuration, modification of the keyboard layout and reboot, root password typed in every combination possible (regarding QWERTY or AZERTY interpretation of the keyboard input) did not work... It's a problem I already encountered while being sure to have typed the password correctly.
I tried also 6.12 images, but no boot (black screen)

Someone please help, I'm ok to pay for support (I already did it, but will be grateful to the one who will help).

Edited by Fabien Aurejac

  • Author

All good ! I manage to fix myself my problems, there was several...
I changed the sources to "rolling", and with latest kernel inside it, sata was working again.
I had also several problems configuring samba, reassembling the raid, and so on... All is ok now.
Just a side note, it could be great to develop a GUI to test and set the keyboard at installation, that seems needed (debian does it for example)

And last but not least, when the system fails to load, there a strange behaviour with the password for root, I was always unable to log in.

Edited by Fabien Aurejac

Regressions happen all the time and not uncommon at all. Some get fixed upstream, some fix itself, some we have to find a fix.

 

1 hour ago, Fabien Aurejac said:

it could be great to develop a GUI to test and set the keyboard at installation

One of thousands of great ideas we'd love it implement but simply can't due to lack of (human) resources. This is why we highly appreciate community involvement.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.