Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rock64 - not booting after Armbian update

Featured Replies

I have Rock64 Ver.2 - 1gb model.
 
Was working fine with Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.211_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.6.21 - boot from micro SD card

On SSH, I updated to latest version Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13. Now it does not boot from micro SD card.

I had another micro sd card. I flashed new Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13 - does not boot.

I had another micro sd card. I flashed OLD Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.211_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.6.21 - it boots. Then updated to latest Armbian & does not boot anymore.

Looks like some " Flashing_u-boot_to_SPI_Flash " - problem.

Please help.

Thanks in advanced

I also have Rock64 Ver.2 - 1gb model.

Fresh install of Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13_minimal.img.xz works. After apt upgrade the board does not boot anymore. Repeated the process and same result. I don't know what caused the issue, but did notice the kernel was upgraded to 6.12.20

I have rock64 2gb board very old probably v1.  I have armbian 23.8 or something and had to hold back kernel and update to 25.2.3..  then upload alternate kernel to 6.6.63..  so thats where am now..  seems to be stable.

Linux rock64x1 6.6.63-current-rockchip64 #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 22 14:38:37 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux

 v25.2.3 for Rock 64 running Armbian Linux 6.6.63-current-rockchip64

I can't contribute much to this other than stating, it's the same on my Rock64 2GB v2.0 but I also cannot boot:

Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13_minimal.img.xz

I then tried one from here https://archive.armbian.com/rock64/archive (site currently throws error: Internal error - code should not reach this point so I cannot tell which one specifically I used) but that one booted fine.

 

-> This one worked for me: Armbian_23.11.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img.xz

Edited by trohn_javolta

Hello, I had a similar problem - unbootable Rock64 after kernel upgrade from 6.6.x to 6.12.x (error: Wrong Ramdisk Image Format).

You can look in this thread djurny found a solution, that works for me. Maybe it will help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.