Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What to edit to set mainline kernel 6.15-rc3 ?

Featured Replies

Hello!
I'm trying to look around in the Armbian build/config scripts to see how I can enable a mainline v6.15-rc3 kernel to be built.
I did try to make a build/userpatches/lib.config  file with the contents,

KERNELBRANCH="tag:v6.15-rc3"
But that's not working.

Would anyone be able to tell me the file I need to edit for an OrangePi 5?

Update: I actually seem to have it try by editing
config/sources/families/rockchip-rk3588.conf
changing the version tag. But I get a bunch of red errors complaining about SHA1.

 

Quote

Failed to fetch SHA1 of 'tag' 'refs/heads/v6.15-rc3^{}' [ https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git ]

 

hmm...an 'rc3' is probably not to be found in a tree with 'stable' in it.


Cheers!
Fred

Edited by Fredrik

Solved by Werner

  • Solution
4 hours ago, Fredrik said:

But I get a bunch of red errors complaining about SHA1.

That's normal services usually need a few hours to catch up with stuff once a new tag is released. Try tomorrow.

 

3 hours ago, Fredrik said:

But I get a bunch of red errors complaining about SHA1.


Deprecated. Check docs again.

 

  • Author

Yes you were right it found those sha files when I tried yesterday!
I didn't even realize I was trying that close to the release. Build has worked!
Thank you!


And can confirm that HDMI audio out with Ubuntu+Gnome works!

Edited by Fredrik

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.