May 13, 20251 yr Does anyone know if it's possible to use the docker-shell to patch linux and compile, but NOT make the .img file? Maybe something like ./compile.sh unpack-linux ./compile.sh apply-patches ALL=THE_SETTINGS ./compile.sh build-kernel but not make .img I'm trying to change some network driver settings and want to just copy the new kernel module to my target board instead of flashing the entire SD card.
May 13, 20251 yr https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Commands If I read your post correctly, I think you want ./compile.sh kernel ... which will build the kernel debs but not the full image
May 14, 20251 yr The correct way to modify a kernel with patches is to use - ./compile kernel-patch BOARD=... BRANCH=... - review your patches and if you are satisfied move them to patch/ or the equivalent directory under userpatches/ - ./compile.sh kernel BOARD=... BRANCH=...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.