May 19, 20251 yr Hi everyone, I'm recently obtained a TV box from a local store (seems like they sell Amazon returns or something, but they just have a bunch of random stuff). After installing AIDA64, I learned that it's running an Allwinner H616 CPU and has 4GB of RAM. It is able to boot warpme's MiniArch build for the Tanix TX6S, and I extracted the DTB from the Android build on the eMMC. My question is, where do I go from here? I'd like to build a custom Armbian image to support my device. When I try booting the Armbian image for the Orange Pi Zero 2, it gives an error over my serial monitor about a bad DRAM configuration which I expected since apparently these boxes have DRAM chips that are often laid out differently than the Orange Pi, and this can apparently be fixed with a U-boot configuration change. I was curious about how I can integrate these changes into my own build of Armbian so I could bring support to my device. Thanks in advance!
May 20, 20251 yr Which image are you using? Axp313? https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/releases/download/20250306/Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Tanix-tx6s-axp313_bookworm_edge_6.12.11.img.xz
May 21, 20251 yr Author oh thanks! I didn't realize you already had an axp313 image. I've been compiling armbian with custom u-boot patches and it's been taking forever. I've been trying to adapt a dtb to my box, which one do you use? I tried including the one from miniarch but it seems like it gives warnings and I can't bypass them in the Armbian build system.
May 21, 20251 yr @jwillb00 I’m using miniarch patches with my build. This is kernel 6.12. I also have 6.14. When I have time I’ll update to 6.15. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/tree/v20250306/patch/u-boot/u-boot-h616 https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/tree/v20250306/patch/kernel/archive/warpme-6.12
May 22, 20251 yr Author @Nick A oh your build for the Tanix TX6S worked perfectly for me already (thanks!) though I did notice some weird behaviour on my other box that's supposed to be identical to this one. stuff like armbian-config freezing when trying to format the eMMC mainly. I noticed a hang in the kernel in the dmesg when that happened so I suspect there might be some minor difference in the hardware that I'll look into later. for right now I've moved to a box with an amlogic s905y4, which is a whole other can of worms. I got debian-on-amlogic to boot so I'm hoping I can copy over the u-boot and dtb in other to get armbian working on it, since it has more features for SBCs. thanks for your help nick!
May 24, 20251 yr Author @Nick AI have been using the TX6s build and it's been working great, but I was curious about the structure of your repository. I saw no files for the TX6s, but I see images for it in the releases? I'm new to all this, but I need to change some kernel config options so I was wondering how I could apply those to your repository.
May 24, 20251 yr @jwillb00 there’s a drop down menu on the first page. You’ll see “main” as the first option. Select “v20250306” that’s my more recent and stable release. you can clone my build using git command. git clone https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build.git -branch v20250306 kernel config is located here. Edit the configuration manually. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/blob/v20250306/config/kernel/linux-sunxi64-edge.config To compile a new image use the commands cd build ./compile.sh choose "Do not change kernel configuration" choose "Show CSC/WIP/EOS/TVB" choose "I understand and agree" choose "tanix-tx6s-axp313" choose "edge" rest is up to you. Your image should be in output/images directory. Edited May 24, 20251 yr by Nick A
May 28, 20251 yr Author hey @Nick A, seems like when I build the image on my own the ethernet doesn't work? I tested with and without the modified kernel config and it happens either way. When I use the image you publish in the releases page, it works fine. Am i doing something wrong?
May 28, 20251 yr @jwillb00In this patch. Try changing 16 to 0. In both locations. Maybe I uploaded the image with these changes. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/blob/v20250306/patch/u-boot/u-boot-h616/153-add-tanix_tx6s_axp313_defconfig.patch +&mdio1 { + rmii_phy: ethernet-phy@0 { + compatible = "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22"; + reg = <0>; + }; +}; + Edited May 28, 20251 yr by Nick A
May 29, 20251 yr Author @Nick A unfortunately, that didn't seem to work. The ethernet interface does not appear when I run ip a when using an image built like this.
May 29, 20251 yr @jwillb00 I have a newer build with kernel 6.14. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/tree/v20250407 Also, if you choose to change the kernel configuration using the build system it will screw up the kernel configuration file. I think it leaves out the configs from the patches. For example ac200 phy needed for Ethernet. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/blob/v20250306/patch/kernel/archive/warpme-6.12/0505-net-phy-Add-support-for-AC200-EPHY.patch I edit the configuration file using a text editor and add the modules manually. Edited May 29, 20251 yr by Nick A
May 30, 20251 yr Author @Nick Aseems like that still didn't work. is there anything you do for your builds that is not on the github page? I'll look into it some more tomorrow.
May 30, 20251 yr @jwillb00 I can’t think of anything else. I’ll try to compile another image when I have time.
May 31, 20251 yr I have T95Z Plus w/ H618 and my TV box new revision. It has another wifi chip YC8800D. tried to run this build https://github.com/LYU4662/t95zplus-h618-build It work fine but no wifi and Bluetooth. Looks like it made already with 8800 driver, but system does recognize any wireless interfaces. Also try to run community build Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Vontar-h618_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server Its running good, but still no wifi and Bluetooth. In android /vendor/lib/modules found attached modules. Can i use them to get work wifi? aic8800_bsp.ko aic8800_btlpm.ko aic8800_fdrv.ko Edited June 1, 20251 yr by DrDexter
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.