Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radxa Rock 2F - Initial Support available ?

Featured Replies

I would really like to get the Radxa Rock 2F (with Rockchip RK3528A) board as a KVM Adapter because it's very cheap (~ 12 USD / EUR including Taxes).

 

I read that at least the RK3528 SOC is just getting Mainline Support for the Clock as in Kernel 6.15. No USB, Ethernet, PCIe or GPU support at all right now.

 

I don't know how similar the RK3528 and RK3528A are, I couldn't find much Information on the Internet.

 

At the very lead I would need MicroSD, Ethernet and USB (including USB OTG) working.

 

I saw there is a Repository with some Notes for the RK3528 SOC on Github, outlining the Status of getting Mainline Support:

https://github.com/ziyao233/rk3528-mainline

 

@Igor mentioned a few Months ago on Github that he planned on getting the Radxa Rock 2F Board soon, but no Timeline available yet:

https://github.com/armbian/build/issues/7836#issuecomment-2662772344

 

@Igor: did you have a Chance to play a bit around on the Radxa Rock 2F ? Is anything working right now ?

 

Thanks for the Help !

  • Author

Actually I just discovered this PR right now: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/7820

 

Interesting, so basically Armbian will use the old Kernel that Radxa Originally shipped with their Images (I don't think they ever shipped anything newer than Bullseye which is very old now). So essentially we can run the recent Ubuntu Noble / Debian Bookworm Distributions, "just" with the old Kernel from Debian Bullseye ?

  • Author

Still good to know that at least it's supported, even though it needs a custom (non-mainline) Kernel for now :).

 

I'm a bit surprised they are still using 6.1 Branch, but fair enough, that is Longterm Support (as would be 6.6 and 6.12), but kinda weird they are using such an old Version.

 

The exact Version they seem to be using is 6.1.115, released 2024-11-01 (01-Nov-2024), as opposed to latest 6.1.140 released on 2025-05-22 (22-May-2025).

 

However the Build Log that Igor pointed me to was 6.1.99-vendor-rk35xx, so yet another Version. But maybe that isn't the latest Build or ?

 

Installed Packages in that Log point to 6.1.115

ii  linux-dtb-vendor-rk35xx        25.8.0-trunk.53                        arm64        Armbian Linux vendor DTBs in /boot/dtb-6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx
ii  linux-headers-vendor-rk35xx    25.8.0-trunk.53                        arm64        Armbian Linux vendor headers 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx
ii  linux-image-vendor-rk35xx      25.8.0-trunk.53                        arm64        Armbian Linux vendor kernel image 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.