Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NVME boot issue with 25.5.1 Noble Gnome and a work around

Featured Replies

G’day guys, just grabbed a version of Armbian again to play around with on an orange Pi 5 I have had for a while. I have installed the latest stable (25.5.1 Noble Gnome). 

 

Everything went smoothly, and I have a 512GB ssd on the board, so I went through the install process using armbian-install. I managed to get the OS installed on the SSD, but when I went to install the bootloader, I got some error messages saying that the SPI image was not chosen. I followed the process for erasing the MTD, but still I got error messages relating to no spi image. I tried to boot from the ssd and just got a black screen.

 

I downloaded Joshua Riek’s Ubuntu 24.04 distro and booted it from the sd card and ran his command “sudo u-boot-install-mtd”.  It installed to the MTD and then I shut down and removed the sd card and booted up. Armbian has now booted from the SSD with no issues. 

 

I couldn’t find anything on the forum so I thought I would post this to assist anyone else who has this issue. If the guys at Armbian have any thoughts on why this may have happened please let me know.

  • Author

@Werner NVME, sorry... 

 

 

PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.1 noble"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION_ID="24.04"
VERSION="24.04 LTS (Noble Numbat)"
VERSION_CODENAME=noble
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble
LOGO="armbian-logo"
ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.1 noble"

 

image.png.cf8d2df9825a4ab0017a1026f2de6f0c.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.