Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any hope for Allwinner H618 "Z8 Stick"?

Featured Replies

I have two of these cheap Chinese sticks and I was wondering if I could load a better OS onto them

 

I think there's only a USB port

 

 

S9b79a15661ac4a46b062f8dcf56bb7d4h.jpg

coflb5a1om4pepe09ubg.jpg

  • Author

@Nick A Thank you for the reply!  I am still eager to try and load a different OS onto these two sticks.  Sorry for the delay, somehow I just found the e-mail notifying me of your response now

I'm not familiar with the process of trying to flash an image so I will start there, but before I do, is there a possibility whatever changes are made won't work, can't be undone and then brick the device?  I'd probably rather not risk it if that's a possibility.  But if there's always a way to re-flash them, I'm totally interested in trying anything I possibly can

I'll wait to hear back from you before I attempt anything -- thank you!!

  • Author

I probably better wait on it, that looks above my skill set unfortunately, I consider myself just a novice user.  I can handle burning and image and booting it, if it's fairly straightforward, but I probably shouldn't dig myself any deeper for now LOL

 

I'll be on standby in case anything ever changes or becomes easier in the process!  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.