Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Retroid support in 2025

Featured Replies

Please help me with building the image.

I'm trying to build an image for Retroid Flip 2, which is identical to Pocket 5. I tried building it from WSL and from another ARM64 single-board computer. The image builds successfully, but when booting, there's a U-Boot error that says "no such partition".

 

Build command: ./compile.sh BOARD=retroidpocket-rp5 RELEASE=trixie BUILD_DESKTOP=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no

 

I also tried RELEASE=noble and various desktop environments, but the error persists.

 

I flash the image to the SD card using Armbian Imager, and the writing process completes successfully.

 

I also tried flashing Batocera Linux, and it works fine.

 

What could be the problem?

I am facing the same issue. Trying to solve it also.

I have tried to manually point to the boot image in the bootloader but no success.

 

I am wondering are we missing a patch or something for the build environment that is cauing the issue. I am no expert so only speculating

I managed to download an old image from a torrent archive found in a Reddit thread, where the author mentioned that Armbian was running on the Retroid Flip 2.

 

I flashed the image: Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.162_Retroidpocket-rp5_noble_current_6.12.63_gnome_desktop.img

However, I encountered the same error.

 

It’s possible that something has changed in the newer console revisions or in the new bootloader.

I have also tried to build a new image and I am now getting a new error related to 16kb size.

 

I have previosly had success 26.2.0 trunk 151, which was able to boot and worked quite well, Excluding known issues such as HDMI support and Fan speed needing to be adjusted with a script.

Issue is that this build is no longer available.

 

I think until we get more demand from Retroid Community we might just be out of luck
 

Edited by Darks1derCZ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.