April 6Apr 6 Armbian image placed on internal soldered eMMC 64GB - only one issue now aic8800 not supported yet by kernel 7.0-rc6 so no wifi 😕 No PCI as no PCI slots... also no HDMI... Experimental image based on Kwiboo repo dispo here. Edited April 7Apr 7 by D roZDi
April 8Apr 8 apply this patch for a working wifi: diff --git a/extensions/radxa-aic8800.sh b/extensions/radxa-aic8800.sh index e3e99eaa8..7ab721353 100644 --- a/extensions/radxa-aic8800.sh +++ b/extensions/radxa-aic8800.sh @@ -10,7 +10,7 @@ function extension_finish_config__install_kernel_headers_for_aic8800_dkms() { function post_install_kernel_debs__install_aic8800_dkms_package() { - if linux-version compare "${KERNEL_MAJOR_MINOR}" ge 6.20; then + if linux-version compare "${KERNEL_MAJOR_MINOR}" ge 7.1; then display_alert "Kernel version is too recent" "skipping aic8800 dkms for kernel v${KERNEL_MAJOR_MINOR}" "warn" return 0 fi
April 8Apr 8 It is not working with this patch because offcially AIC8800 is not supported in kernel > 7.0-rc6 plus in my image Wifi was initially disabled With new image it is better: I made a small fix to make it running with some commands as root: ``` # unzip AIC_FIX.zip # mkdir -p /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800 # cp aic_btusb.ko aic_load_fw.ko aic8800_fdrv.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800/ # depmod -a # cat /etc/modules-load.d/aic8800.conf aic_load_fw aic8800_fdrv aic_btusb # cp -r aic8800_fw /lib/firmware/ # cp -pr aic8800_fw/USB/aic8800D80/ /lib/firmware/ # modprobe aic_load_fw # modprobe aic8800_fdrv # modprobe aic_btusb # lsmod |grep -i aic aic_btusb 57344 0 aic8800_fdrv 626688 0 cfg80211 1200128 1 aic8800_fdrv aic_load_fw 86016 1 aic8800_fdrv ``` Please also remember as it is experimental and all you do it is on your own risk HDMI is not working and we need some code first, I guess for this part: CONFIG_PHY_ROCKCHIP_INNO_HDMI_QP Edited April 8Apr 8 by D roZDi
May 12May 12 Radxa Rock 2A Kernel version 7.1: link Radxa Rock 2A AIC_FIX_7.1: link Still no HDMI QP support Please also remember as it is experimental and all you do it is on your own risk Edited May 13May 13 by D roZDi
May 12May 12 To be honnest, try my image above... including fix for aic8800 Or try this one compiled for Radxa Rock 2F - only uboot changed but not tested as I have no board... Edited May 13May 13 by D roZDi
May 12May 12 Author Where did you get the kernel source? I want to add some kernel modules to the config. Or is it vanilla 7.1 from Armbian?
May 12May 12 Author amdgpu this one is crucial. nouveau and radeon could be useful but the first one is for nvidia cards (I don't have any to test) and the second one is useful for very old cards mainly. But I'll try passing them through to a VM, for this I don't need any modules other than IOMMU working Just tried your image for Rock 2F, it boots. Edited May 12May 12 by humanus update
May 13May 13 Here you are as you wished but check out or download individually due to "Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/" Edited May 13May 13 by D roZDi
May 13May 13 Author Thanks. Missing firmware is not a problem, to fix it one just needs to install armbian-firmware-full.
May 13May 13 please just share output from lsusb and lspci commands from your board here Edited May 13May 13 by D roZDi
May 13May 13 Author Here's lspci -vvv with an older Radeon: https://paste.armbian.com/zisezuqoza.yaml and boot UART log (it boots but no display is visible) https://paste.armbian.com/asizofulux.sql Here's the same with Radeon RX 550: https://paste.armbian.com/ovinibafux.yaml The kernel complained about missing firmware (for polaris11), which actually was not missing. I had to regenerate initramfs using initramfsctl. After regenerating, the board stopped booting with the card connected: https://paste.armbian.com/qitiwiwoge.yaml Not sure how useful lsusb would be. So it's not super stable yet. I saw that you made these modules built-in. This is not necessary, selecting [M] is enough because then they can be loaded or unloaded (to try passing the card through to a VM I need to blacklist the module, which doesn't work for built-in modules). This is something I can try to do to get display output. Oh and WiFi isn't detected at all but that's probably not a surprise. Edited May 13May 13 by humanus bad hastebins
May 14May 14 There is nothing to see with you project. I wish only to know the output from lsusb and lspci. For wifi you probably have to apply Fix 7.1 as above. Driver for aic8800 is not yet supported
May 14May 14 Author I'm not sure what "nothing to see with you project" means but above you I've included the most complete lspci there is. I'll send lsusb too, but there won't be much there as it works properly. Do you want me to have something connected to the USB or just print it without anything (it would be one line, unless you want verbose). Edited May 14May 14 by humanus Typo
May 14May 14 I dont need details just lsusb and lspci without switches to see what my image 7.1 discovers on your board Of course you can pług on USB stick to see if it works also make steps like mentioned above to fix wifi aic driver Edited May 14May 14 by D roZDi
May 14May 14 Author You have the lspci verbose output so you can work back to get the non-verbose output as well. Should I have anything connected to the PCI lane or not? I know my USB devices work, at least with the internal controller, the question was about what exactly is the output/situation you need me to test.
June 10Jun 10 Hello, what's the current status of kernel 6.18+ on the rock 2F? I haven't tried building it on my own yet, I just need Wi-Fi and USB working with a fairly recent kernel as 6.1 is way too old now.
June 13Jun 13 I put image 7.1 for humanus here but now it has been removed due to running of space on my drive Edited June 14Jun 14 by D roZDi
June 15Jun 15 Nice work! I saw those messages but couldn't download it Can you tell me how you built it? or could you upload it again to filebin.net if possible.. I need the image too
June 19Jun 19 As I have no board 2f to test it I made the image and dts blindly a bit... Image Fix to wifi card (I guess it should work)
June 20Jun 20 depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/7.1.0-rc4-next-20260518-edge-rockchip64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800/aic8800_fdrv.ko: Invalid argument
June 20Jun 20 1 hour ago, Nate R said: 7.1.0-rc4-next-20260518-edge-rockchip64 never heard of that kernel before
June 20Jun 20 I have checked .... true.... my fix 7.1 was creted for 7.1-rc1 here we have got 7.1-rc4 so not working... Problably it needs to fix dirver aic8800 as still not supported plus compilation... usb2/usb3/ethernet are working?
June 22Jun 22 In case you're interested I’ve uploaded my experiments with the current and edge kernels for my board (X88pro13, RK3528) to GitHub x88pro. LAN and USB are working; HDMI is not. Wifi only in current with aic8800 chip. Device Tree for my Board : userpatches/kernel/archive/rockchip64-.../dt/x88pro.dts might interest you.
June 23Jun 23 Try those modules for WIFI driver 7.1-rc-4. Now it should work as I have tested on my rock-2a. For HDMI Samsung QP driver... This is a huge work... but who knows it might happen soon
June 27Jun 27 Still doesn't work for me.. USB works fine, only wifi is bugging and I don't have any other wifi card # sudo cp aic_btusb.ko aic_load_fw.ko aic8800_fdrv.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800 # sudo depmod -a depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/7.1.0-.ko: Invalid argument l/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800/aic_btusb.ko: Invalid argument-rc4-next-20260518-edge-rockchip64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800/aic_btusb.ko: Invalid argument # sudo rm /lib/modules/7.1.0-rc4-next-20260518-edge-rockchip64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800/aic_btusb.ko # sudo depmod -a depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/7.1.0-aic8800/aic_load_fw.ko: Invalid argument depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/7.1.0-rc4-next-20260518-edge-rockchip64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/aic8800/aic8800_fdrv.ko: Invalid argument
June 28Jun 28 lsusb? Aic8800 is on USB or PCI in radxa 2f? uname -a, uname -r I have impression you made some tests? Please refer to my post from June 19th and take an image/wifi fix from there and from a post from 23 June take only new modules... Edited June 29Jun 29 by D roZDi
October 3Oct 3 Author I've added Rock 2A and 2F mainline. WiFi indeed needed some fixes to work. Not sure what's the point of sharing fixes on a forum if they can be contributed Edited October 3Oct 3 by humanus Typo
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.