Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Very strange behavior: complete freeze after boot

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I have installed a tinkerboard 2S and used it without problems for more than a year now. Today I started Armbian-upgrade to upgrade the system.I use a M2 WIFI card. What happens right after the reboot when the upgrade was done; the system boots normally, showing all information on the monitor, and about 5 seconds after the login prompt is displayed, it completely freezes. That is; the system doesn't react to keypresses on my USB keyboard, and SSH access isn't reacting.

I can ping the device however and I know it is not dead as my .NET core application is running normally and I can access it externally! I use a wifi hotspot configuration; the wifi network is also not available after boot.

 

Now, I have a NanoPI R3C also with M2 wifi and configured exactly the same; it also behaves the same: console freeze, no ssh access. When I remove the Wifi card it does not freeze so it looks like related to the wifi card/configuration. I bought a R67S with wifi as I though it was a hardware failure but now, after upgrading my tinker it appears it's software related.

 

As my Tinkerboard 2S was working flawlessly before I upgraded; are there any known issues in Debian Trixie minimal installation? I use this on both devices.

 

Regards,

 

Frans

Hi,

 

you need to provide a boot log, maybe something will be noticed.

If you boot without wifi and can access a previous boot log when the machine is freezing, put it here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.