Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update SPI on e25?

Featured Replies

I assume I should be using the MTD/SPI for u-boot on this device?

If so, how do I update it and choose the boot order?

 

armbian-install complains "No SPI image found." if I select "Install/Update the bootloader on MTD Flash"

see: https://radxa.com/products/network-computer/e25#techspec

Only SD-card for this device, hence boot order is something fixed, just hardware.

On software level it depends on how U-Boot it configured and compiled and on higher level, what partitions are found, can also be USB-stick, and what is on those partitions. Can be Armbian standard boot.scr or own extlinux or even EFI if you want. 

 

So minimum is SD-card with U-Boot on it, else nothing will happen unless maskROM is entered, see Radxa docs.

Edited by eselarm

  • Author

The e25 that I have has SD, eMMC and NVME storage options.

It has an MTD/SPI as well.

 

Pretty sure it's similar to the Cubie a5e where you can set the boot order in the SPI, however I just chatGPT'd the shit out of that one to get it sorted. I'd prefer to do it the "approved/armbian" way...

Again, I assume having U-Boot in the SPI is the appropriate way to do things so I can boot from any of these devices (and perhaps even external USB?). I'd like to understand how to do that if someone knows?

OK, so the URL I posted is not correct. If those devices are there, your only option is to use dd with correct offsets on SPI/MTD or eMMC ( or SD-card) to write a U-Boot binary.

An lsblk should show those devices, else maybe the armbian-install tool is likely correct with its error message.

Edited by eselarm

13 hours ago, Meestor_X said:

Pretty sure it's similar to the Cubie a5e where you can set the boot order in the SPI, however I just chatGPT'd the shit out of that one to get it sorted. I'd prefer to do it the "approved/armbian" way...

This is putting some sort of warning flag for myself. 'pretty sure', 'chatGPT', a Rockchip board v.s. Allwinner board.

  • Author

Not excited AT ALL about Allwinner, but there are few (actually none that I've found?) choices for low-priced, "higher performance" SBCs with WiFi 6, BT 5.4, USB3, GB Ethernet, PoE and a small size and factory case.
I'll take anything rockchip in a heartbeat I much prefer their chips. My go-to has been the RockPI-S, but it's low performance CPU, WiFi 4, BT 4, 100M Ethernet, USB2, and getting pretty old. AFAIK, there's nothing out there that checks all the boxes, sadly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.